Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / reflective plain ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,

is there a way to make a plain reflect things ? i tried SET REFLECTION SHADING ON, but that only made my plain blue

also there is no texture on the plain, only color. it would be great if i could tell it to reflect stuff by maybe 25% or something ?
Binary Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 11:11
It seems to me that it is reflective. What is it reflecting off? Is the backdrop blue?

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 17:56
Should work if this works:

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
GuntiNDDS
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks this works.

however, is there a possibility to set it so that it doesnt reflect the blue backdrop but only the cube ? also is there a way to set a reflection percentage or something to define how strong the plain should reflect things ?

thanks.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 18:28
What else would you have it reflect? Think about what you're asking. The backdrop is a "void" of nothingness. You want it to not reflect "nothing". So, what else would you put in place of this "nothing" colour? Maybe something like...a default colour?

If you dont want the blue to show, add a skybox or some media in the background to block it. If you want the mirror to have a texture to it, IIRC you can set it's alpha mapping to a percentage to have it fade a tiny bit, then place another plain slightly behind it, with the desired texture.

GuntiNDDS
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks i understand

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 08:33:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 08:33:28