Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I enter the next line of code without pressing the return key?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My teenaged son (the SARGE)received the 3D Games Creator “Create Your Own 3D Games” for Christmas. Everything looks great and he loves it but we’re stuck on one thing. In the “Command Line Interface” (the editor) on the 2nd tutorial they want us to enter the following code:
DO
PRINT “HELLO AGAIN”
LOOP
The problem is that after typing DO, we cannot get to the line beneath it with out pressing the enter key. The enter key gives the command to execute the program. Which in this case is,unfortunately, just DO. I have tried everything I can think of. How do we get to the next line and program it to Print “Hello Again” in a loop?
SARGE1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I was just pressing F12 instead of F11 and went into the wrong editor.
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 01:05 Edited at: 4th Jan 2008 01:05
Instead of executing (F5) and typing into the CLI, you have to type in the text box when you open the IDE, then run your program

Your signature has been erased by a mod
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 02:31
It sounds like you've actually bought DarkBASIC classic, which is labelled as "3D Games Creator" by some publishers. Anyway, what you need to do is download a copy of DarkEDIT (it may even be included on the CD, mine had it included) and use that to type the code with.

If you look in the Darkbasic Classic board, you'll see a stickied thread regarding the IDE. There's also a bunch of tutorials stickied there that should help your son get started. Good luck to him

CodeSurge
Version 1.0 finally released! Code your DBP projects in style. (And save the kittens!)
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 13:10
To elaborate a bit more: DarkEDIT gives your an editor -in which to type the source code to program your games- in a more windows style environment instead of the clunky CLI of DarkBasic (Classic).
I have used DarkEDIT quite a bit myself and its much more comfortable than programming in the CLI.

(Ploughing through Hands On DBP Programming Vol. 1)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:24:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:24:04