Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Crybto . FPS With A Black Comedy Twist

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 04:54 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2008 01:08
Hi, guys! I have created a game called Crybto which is a mix of a black comedy (South Park & Family Gut style) and retro gameplay. Before downloading have in mind that the humor in the game is pretty rough at places so if you don't like this kind of humor please don't download it you may find yourself disappointed and/or offended.

This game follows the story of Better Johny who was cryonically frozen in 2019 (when he was 30) due to an incurable at that time kidney failure. He was unfrozen in 2139 only to find himself in a more retarded future than his mental state is. Since 2050 a GPS chip has been inserted into every newborn baby so when they grow up they could be in constant control of the Stupid Morons Alliance that took over the world in 2100. Better Johny has been unfrozen and cured by the rebels, they were pretty happy about the fact that he didn't have a GPS chip inserted, even though they were sure that he was gonna be slaughtered like a pig on Christmas, they sent him all alone on a mission to take down the alliance.
I hope I won't scare you with my humor but this idea came to me because I am a big fan of South Park, Family Guy, Angry Video Game Nerd etc. I do realize that there are a lot of problems with the game but whenever I fix something another bug pops up. If you take the game as a black comedy like me, not something serious, you can have good times with it. Don't think too deeply about the weapons which are not pretty futuristic in this level, I wanted a diversity. I will release the full version as soon as possible (perhaps February ).
Thanx!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is another screenshot.

Attachments

Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
And another one.

Attachments

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 15:28
umm... does that mean ur racist? sorry, i dont know what you mean by black comedy. And, dont mix modelpacks it looks weird. cuz, u have a gun with no hands and then a gun with glove hands and then a gun with no glove hands.

classic gamer
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 15:32 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 15:33
Quote: "umm... does that mean ur racist?"

Don't start a war... won't be a war, Ok?

Downloading now.....

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 15:40
black comedy means very dirty comedy. ( south park, family guy, larry the cable guy, etc. )

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 15:53
Quote: "Don't start a war... won't be a war, Ok? "
No. Im sorry, I just want to know what he meant.

classic gamer
Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 16:29 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 16:32
Nope!
Black comedy (in this case) means obscene comedy with hardcore jokes. I mixed the model packs because I wanted the player to have a wide selection of weapons which throughout the entire game are more than 40. At least I hope that the hand textures will be done properly in X10 but I doubt it.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 16:34 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 16:45
Quote: "Slang Dictionary 2135 (Kids Edition)"

Robby, I think you forgot where you are. You may want to remove this for now, and re-think it.

As for the game, what little I played of it was all over the map. It's not just the weapons, the design has no continuity. Every time you open a door, you're in a different theme. The outdoor level appears to be somewhat normal at first, until you find yourself jumping from tile to tile in space, to get back into a building.

It just doesn't flow, or look good. Need's some work.

Best.

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 16:42
Quote: "throughout the entire game are more than 40"

you can only hold up to 8 and you cant drop weapons and pick up a new one so you may want to think that again

in the immortal words of cheeshead you are a forum ruiner guy!
Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 17:15 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 23:48
Thanks for downloading and don't get offended I warned that the game is quite obscene but that's the whole point, though I am gonna think about removing the Slang Dictionary. Expect this game soon at www.crybto.com this website will be up and running in February. However, my point was creating a fun to play hardcore comedy game. I have done the jumping part because it keeps the player awake and I am aware that the level looks quite ridiculous when you fall down but I wanted a different game from what everyone else was making since I know that trying to create a serious modern shooter has no point in FPSC. As for the weapons, well I broke the game into a few exe files so that's why I have about 40 weapons (not just 8). I don't want to think that again.
Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 17:59
The level design needs some work. The first and second episode are like impossible to beat. The player isn't givin enough ammo in both games, and the first episode is really, really laggy. And yes, there seems to be some huge continuity problems, and you really lost yourself with the slang dictionary...

Snipe to Success
Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 18:05 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 18:06
Thanks, Snipesoul, such a flattering . I am kidding it's cool I really appreciate you took your time to play this game. There is, however, a secret area in the first episode where you can find more ammo but you've got to find it by yourself.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 18:30
As the others have said no continuity. I know you are trying to create crazy level designs but even than needs to be executed properly and it can be done (See Umbra). So yeh, work on the levels more. Mabye design a larger area around one theme instead of a new theme in every single room.
Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought about it, I've been here forever (since the middle of 2006) and believe it or not, this game was the only one I was making during that 18 months. I've finished the final build only 3 days ago. There were different bugs that I had to overcome during the process and I managed to handle most of them. Unfortunately, the lag is still a great problem but I managed to mitigate it by doing hard work in redesigning places that were almost impossible to play. Anyway, as soon as my website is up and you can download and enjoy the entire version of the game I will say 'farewell' to the FPS Creator. As far as the criticism goes, I am not offended at all but I don't think that anyone has the right to do it before he or she has completed the game (in this case I mean the demo version) and I don't think that bobert even downloaded it (that's how he could have understood what I meant by saying black comedy and how I implemented over 40 weapons into the game). Don't think that I got lost with the slang dictionary or it is something wicked, stuff like that are both typical and required in black comedies.

Quote: "As the others have said no continuity. I know you are trying to create crazy level designs but even than needs to be executed properly and it can be done (See Umbra). So yeh, work on the levels more. Mabye design a larger area around one theme instead of a new theme in every single room."

This was a constructive criticism but I think that Umbra has a different purpose in its crazy level designs. Anyway, until my site is up, I wouldn't be able to give you a full view of my thoughts behind the game. Keep in mind that the full version is special and will be a blast just wait 'till February.

Best to you all!
Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
snapshot 4

Attachments

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 16:40
i tried to bet it but it is literally IMPOSIBLE! have you even beat it? i mean a soldier moving 100 mph and shooting rapidly at you when all you have are fists? and when you try to get close and pucj he just goes to the other side of the room in a spit second? no one likes a game they dont even have a CHANCE of beating.

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
snapshot 5

Attachments

Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
snapshot 6

Attachments

Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 17:07 Edited at: 6th Jan 2008 22:43
Here is what the full version has:
10 levels
over 40 weapons
more than 100 hundred dirty jokes
retro gameplay with challenging puzzles
indoor and outdoor scenes in most levels
secret areas (with weapons, health etc.) in every level
different (crazy) level design that is not trying at all to compete with the modern FPS games rather than trying to appeal to teen comedy fans and retro gamers (staring at the Genesis box with nostalgia every now and then )
more than 12 hours of gameplay

Here is what I wanted to do but lacked the time, nerves or skills to do it:
multiplayer
no framerate drop
cutscenes (although I may make real life cutscenes one sweet day)

Anyway, Crybto is the last thing I do here so 'farewell'. I will just write a few lines when the web site is ready:
www.crybto.com

Goodbye! Have a great year, more great years and a great afterlife afterwards. Just kidding, I love you all! Farewell!

Attachments

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you not care when people told you it wasn't designed properly etc, even what you call "black comedy" games need levels designed well. No, I did not even try it, but the idea of a review is what I think, and I think if it took you 18 months you should at least listen to the people who are telling you what is wrong and try to fix it.

Robby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 21:12 Edited at: 6th Jan 2008 23:27
Quote: "Did you not care when people told you it wasn't designed properly etc, even what you call "black comedy" games need levels designed well. No, I did not even try it, but the idea of a review is what I think, and I think if it took you 18 months you should at least listen to the people who are telling you what is wrong and try to fix it."

OK! Have in mind though that this level was not the perfect choice for a demo because it is deep into the game. I might fix the problems in the future but now I will take down the link before I can showcase the game properly. Have in mind also that Butt Monkey and chees hed were the only people that gave me clear directions. I decided however, that the demo version should include a little bit different levels so I will upload a new demo.
Bye!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:11:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:11:52