Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] MMORPG capabilities?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to make a nice, steady MMORPG on this or any other program TGC has on this site?

I would gladly buy this if it could do something like that...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 09:47
Search the forum (bottom of page) for "MMORPG", you'll find hundreds of posts on this topic.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 10:25
It can yes.

But you will need alot of experience with the langauge, alot of spare time and atleast 3 years to make a decent engine to let your game run on.

Then you would still need to aquire all media and such, create quests items add more features to make it intresting and worth playing make a nice combat system etc.

It can be done, but it takes more then just a day to make one. I'd say you have to work on it for 5 years. Cash is working on his RPG. Geisha House, he is working on it for 2-3 years now, and He is not even near finished yet. and that is not an MMORPG, so he doesnt have to code the Server/Client stuff.

Dont think about making an MMORPG before you have made alot of other good games, and alot of experience.

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Seriously the time taken to program a MMORPG is years. I don't recemend you try to program one until you have learnt DBPro inside out.

Sig image made by Deathead
I've got a new avatar for this month!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:36:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:36:53