Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / a map editor that make 3d maps from 2d picture

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
have you ever draw a map from your house ? I'm sure that you've dont it when you were young, but you've dont it in 2d, and your house is in 3d (I hope !!). if you want to make a map of your house now, will you do it in 3d ? no, it's too long to do, you can do it in 2d faster, in 2 or 3 minuts. that's how my programm work : you draw a plan (you can make boxes and cylinders, but not rotate them), my programm save the map in a txt file, and then you can load it with a very small system
you need only a few ressources, but I don't give them with because you can find them very easily :
make a directory called "textures", put 2 or 3 images in, and .. that's all
how does it work ? just draw
you can scroll the map with the arrowkeys
you can have only one floor with this system, but I will maybe make something that allow you to have several floors, if you like my map editor
(the collision system will be finished soon, I just have to make a collision system for the cylinders)
"He will come...the voice from the outer world,
bringing the holy war, the Jihad, which will cleanse the Universe and bring us out of darkness."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:21:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:21:42