Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / in need of a project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 00:17
i need a project and cant think of what to do. can someone give me some ideas?

Pimpin aint eazy
Pharoseer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 07:20
Hey Slim,

Check here for previous DBPro challenge entries. You're sure to be inspired by the stuff you find there.

http://www.dbp-site.com/

Hope this helps,

-Frank
Paisleys finest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 18:11
Well mate you could finish off my DarkBasic Pro remake of Bruce Lee if you like... I hate leaving a project unfinished, but I also hate BASIC

Regards, Scott T.

Looking for mature software developer to finish my Bruce Lee remake.. apply via email to MSN address.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 19:23
How about a Cart Racer that uses Timer() based animation, and Physics that doesn't need a Cray to run!

The one in the NewLetter was SLOW on my machine it was laughable!

Now My Machine Plays FarCry - no problem - so four karts and a few "fat pink guys" saying "YOU RULE!!!" as a cheer - should not run like a snail! (Presentation of game was good - gameplay was AWFUL)

Easy enough project - weeks not months, chance to play with physics - Either ODE or Newton (I suspect ODE is MUCH better than newton from the info I've gathered)

Just one idea of many BTW - that game did make it so you could shoot bad guys... but didn't have ranking... just win or lose, and I read from people actually able to use it (cuz they had really fast pc's) that once you got behind it was impossible to catch up to other karters.

Slim Pimpin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 01:58
thanks guys, i appreciate the input. i have followed franks suggestion ( he always leads me in the right direction ) and decided to make a breakout game based on the suggestions on that site.

Pimpin aint eazy
Pharoseer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 04:53
Hey Slim,

Always glad to help. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually helping or not.

-Frank

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 16:00:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 16:00:03