Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Cin (from iostream)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 17:09
Cin stops everything the program is doing until something is input and enter is pressed. Is there an equivalent command that will not pause the program but still output keyboard data to a variable?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 19:49
You need to make your own unless you use a DirectX Gui Widget, I think you need to treat it like any other animation... in that during a loop, you check the key, respond to things like backspace etc. Render the "input box" how it should be, and sync etc.

I don't know of an easier way if you want other things to still be happening - e.g. a fancy animated menu asking a user name while all the animation is occuring "behind" input box.

sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 16:30
What I have done in the past,not knowing what you want to keep running, I have made the input a function and used a key press to get to the input that you want.
renny

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:50:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:50:36