Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / real DX with DGDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i was wondering if i could use XACT, directaudio, directinput, etc... together with DGDK.
i can't program in directx, but if somebody can tell me if this is possible, i'll sertenly try to learn it

WhyNot?
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 01:55
I'll be honest, I don't have enough information about XACT to answer this question, but since it's a standard Audio system developed by Microsoft, it stands to reason that it should be relatively compatable with DGDK. I'll admit, it may require using some form of file format or passing of buffer data directly into DirectX for playback using the various functions, or maybe some DX function call to convert, but as said, I'm not that ofey with the toolkit.

My general reason for answering is that because it's an MS DX product, it may be possible to use it with DGDK.

Paul.

tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 13:13
For XACT - definitely yes. It's just a (damn good) library of functions and since you already have to instal DX runtime redist on target machine, the needed library is already included.

DirectSound is not a good option nowdays. And I'm not sure with the DirectInput since GDK is very likely already using it for input and thus ther could potentially be some problem acquiring the device, but I don't think so...
Why Not 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx for letting me know

@tempicek:
could you show an exaple?

WhyNot?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:45:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:45:09