Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK Plugins Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 18:43 Edited at: 12th Jan 2008 18:45
I was wondering if The Dark GDK can use any of the darkbasic plugins. Mainly what I'm looking at is if Multisync would work.If it doesn't does Dark GDK have good internal TCP/IP multiplayer commands or is there a plug in out there? I saw the increased frame rate with this program and thought I should port my code into(with the converter or rewrite) it for better performance.

-Thanks

Edit
I just saw benjamin had multisync for Dark GDK... My bad. That being said does Dark GDK have good interal TCP/IP Commands? Just want to know.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 05:51 Edited at: 14th Jan 2008 05:53
No - Use Multi-Sync or the Winsock.dll is my suggestion.

[edit]And Rewrite the code if you want FULL THROTTLE...BUT.... you can use the converter and then write "test" code to TIME parts of it - and see where you might be losing some performace and then tune. Many people suggest writing to make it work first, then clean up the slow stuff.

I'm a little more particular but this is a generally good rule of thumb to crank out software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:57:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:57:46