Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Freezing...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all...

I'm working on a project for school, and i'm trying to get the new DarkGDK working with Visual Studio version 9. I had it working for a while, and then I tried to compile my program and run it and it froze after initializing the main window. I then tried running the Sample Viewer application in the install directory to see if it was a problem with directx, the DarkGDK install, or the Visual Studio install, and I noticed that it froze too. This leads me to think that it either has to be a directX thing or an invalid install.

So far i've uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice. So I have fresh installs. I also have made sure to have the august 2007 version of directX installed, so I know that's not the problem. Visual Studio works when i just try to create a simple c++ program, so it's not totally the fault of visual studio.

Anybody have any ideas? This is really frustrating.

I'm gonna try to update my video drivers right now, hopefully you guys can help me out.

Windows XP Home Ed. SP/2 ---> GeForce FX 5500 - 256MB
160 GB HD ---> 1 Gig RAM
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 08:20
I would bet on problem with drivers. Still, can you locate it in your code? I mean - does it perform some command at least? If so, find the command which does this.
Acolyte
Years of Service
User Offline
I've even tried to create an empty DarkGDK Game project with the wizard which only places the LoopGDK in the program. Still freezes, but my source isn't the root of the problem. If i can't even run the sample viewer then i've got something else wrong. I just updated my drivers and it didn't work. I don't get it, one minute it was working fine and I was trying out some new code and then poof, everything stopped working. Samples don't even work now.

160 GB HD ---> 1 Gig RAM
Acolyte
Years of Service
User Offline
This is the only code I have in my main.cpp source file. I'm really no noob at this, It just blows my mind that i'm having this much trouble trying to figure this out.

160 GB HD ---> 1 Gig RAM
Acolyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, i figured out the problem, although i'm still a little confused as to why it does this. I've been trying to run my playstation 2 controller through usb on my pc as a joystick, which works with a special piece of hardware and a custom driver. Apparently whenever I had my ps2 controller plugged in a tried to run the program the driver would conflict with the program and cause it to stall. Whenever i unplugged it this stopped happening. I had updated my ps2 controller driver in the middle of debugging. This was probably the problem. I'll try to uninstall that driver and continue. Thanks for the views all.

160 GB HD ---> 1 Gig RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:57:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:57:16