Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / need clever ideas for a problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 18:21 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 18:23
hi all;

i am writing a breakout game and am having trouble with the block creation. i thought about using a class to handle the blocks but i am new to c++ and dont really understand how to use classes and arrays
[/edit]

it would help if i gave you the code i figure

Artificial inteligence can not compare to natural stupidity
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 18:59 Edited at: 15th Jan 2008 18:59
You will definitely need to know how to write/use classes and arrays if you want to create a game with GDK. I could give you a brief info about how to create a basic class, but that would rather harm you if you wouldn't follow up with some real learning. So my serious advice is - learn C++, then start coding, not the other way. Jason uses a link for a CPP tutorial on the web (check out some search, you will find it, or he will place it here later), I rather prefer good book. Either way is better than trying to patche some code pieces which you don't understand.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 16:02:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 16:02:10