Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help for a 2D game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ^^ I'm new in this forum. I know the basic on C++ and I and my friends we create a 2D game with the Dark GDK. This is my first code:

The problem is that i don't know how do the fadein/fadeout, how to manage the keyboard (for example press enter for clean the first menu and go to second menu of the game) and manage the collision. I want create a platform game (for example Sonic or SuperMario). Thanks for the reply =) and excuse me for bad english
John Goewert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2008 12:33
For the keyboard handling, the Dark Invaders Tutorial is great for that, also is decent on setting up which part of the game you are in (menu, start game, dead, playing, etc).

Have you gone through it?

You may want to start with that, and later get back to adding nifty bits like fade-ins after you get your basic game running. That is just a tree, you still have a forest to write.

Using DGDK since 01/01/2008
Blah - http://www.john.goewert.org
Xeeynamo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I've succesful update my game
I've more question to ask you... How I can manage the alpha on an images and how i can make a menu?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 04:16
If you have the C++ down a bit you should scour this web site for tutorials - and just do some searching and reading both here and via google - keyword is always darkbasic + whatever you are looking for - that usually get's you pretty close.

There is a menu tutorial - and a howto for "mouse region" menus... click graphics like buttons etc.... the commands of darkbasic are the same names in darkgdk - so if you get the jist of what's going on in the darkbasic tutorials and source code - you'll have some ideas for how to do it in darkgdk.

Pro Grammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Im making a game and this is my first time using Dark GDK. I have come up with errors that I have not encountered before, and cant find them to fix them. I was wondering if someone could enlighten me to the solution Im having, Ive been stuck for weeks now! The errors are as follows:

libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'libcmt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg referenced in function "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??2@YAPAXIABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z)
libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg referenced in function "void __cdecl operator delete(void *,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??3@YAXPAXABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z)
libcpmtd.lib(stdthrow.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z)
Debug\Dark GDK - Ninja Turtles.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!!!!

May the megahertz be with you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 15:55:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 15:55:33