Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Compatability

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 15:33
What operating system do programs made in dark GDK work with?
Do DB commands work with windows vista?

What needs to be installed on the user's system for a db dark gdk application to work is:
-Direct X 9.0c (august)
-.Net version 3.5

Anything else?
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 17:05 Edited at: 17th Jan 2008 17:06
GDK runs on DirectX 9.0c, which means Windows only (Windows XP and Vista in particular).

See my first post in the following thread (the end of the post) where I describe what you need to distribute your game:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=121186&b=22

Note, that you don't need .NET for original DarkGDK (not .NET version), and even DGDK.NET does not need version 3.5 (not sure which version it requires though).
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 18:21
When compiling games for xp, does anything need to be done differently for vista?

Is there a way of changing what version of .net to use, or does compatibility change depending on what commands are used?
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2008 23:05
Quote: "When compiling games for xp, does anything need to be done differently for vista?"

Well, yes and no. But I won't make it unnecessarily difficult, so NO, it will run.

Quote: "Is there a way of changing what version of .net to use, or does compatibility change depending on what commands are used?"

Depends on the commands used, but maybe it can be changed somewhere - not sure here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 16:00:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 16:00:22