Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Disclamer(i dont know what its called)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 18:06
hey we need a disclaimer thst says all code her is open source and if posted is no longer property(or what ever you call someones code) of that person so they cannot sue over it.

i say this because being sued over code is a very common thing these days, Linux was sued over 3 lines in the Kernal!
In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 21:31 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2003 21:32
More importantly, it needs to say you use it your own risk. Hell, I'd never recommend stealing my code, but I don't want anyone to sue me when it screws up big time!

Are you saying this because you want to steal everyone else's code???

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 21:52
no im saying this so that we dont have a DB scandal over the code we make open source!

Steal code,hah never!
its called borrowing

In our hearts and minds we keep the powers of love, hope and the hidden powers of evil in which we can mold a hero or daemon of ourselves-Book of Enoch Chapter III
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2003 23:37 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2003 23:38
There is a copyright at the bottom of the page: "Copyright © 2002 Dark Basic Software Limited." That means anything on this site is belongs to DarkBASIC Software. I'm not sure, but maybe anything you post becomes property of DBS. Also, in the privacy statement it says:

Public Forums

This site makes message boards available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.

I not sure if code counts as personal information though.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Click Here!!!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2003 09:50
DBS would have these conditions to protect their content and users from abuse in some forms.

internal copyright of your work is subjective by your country and use of the copyright trademarks within your readme etc..

international copyright is pretty vague at best but most arguments are won or lost depending who registered it first via their countries methods.

The way I see it, If you slap up some code then by all means its public domain, If you posted a snippet with instructions for usage,Not everyone will follow the rules and some will still rip it apart for their own project.

Its best to assume any code you post will go through layers of user moral filters.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:49:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:49:07