Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 20:46 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2008 20:54
Hello there,

I could not find a game creator forum that talks about graphics in general... kinda odd that we don't have one since we have one for music & sound fx and programming... but nothing for graphics. And graphics as we all know it is an important part of game development. Anyway... I was wondering if anyone knew what software the creators of skyMatter used to create their dds files for use in skyboxes? I have 3D Studio Max and Photoshop... I could not figure out the technique used... maybe it was a plugin to export them? I would like to make some new ones to share for free... I am actually pretty good with art.

The Panorama Exporter in 3DS Max does it completelly different then that of skyMatter when I compared the dds files generated. I can only export as cylinder, sphere or quicktime VR. There aren't any way to export as cube... Although I think I might have done it in the past... but I cannot remember if I was just dreaming.. lol
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2008 21:32
Quote: "but nothing for graphics"

I take it you glossed over 3Dimensional Chat and 2D all the way then...

sriveros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2008 17:38
lol... That was there before... geeez I am blind... lol How do I move this post?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:30:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:30:41