Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to use this particular VB DLL in DBP [STYX]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 17:02
To make things worse, I'm a newbie to DBP.

I have an ActiveX object that provides printer control. It's located in the Visual basic DLL (c:\windows\system32\msvbvm60.dll)

If I were using the object from within VB, the following bit of code would be enough to print the file

SPrinter1.PrintTextFile "myfile.txt"

How do I do this within DBP? I also purchased the STYX add-on, that has commands for ActiveX but I don't know how to code it either.

Sorry for being so ignorant on this, but I really need some quick help. Thank you!!!
- ty

here's some additional info that I think is pertinent

Q. How can I add Smart Print Control to my VB project?
A. From the Project menu, click Components. The Components dialog (below) opens. Click the check box to the left of the Smart Print Control and click the Apply button. The Smart Print Control will be added to the VB IDE Toolbox (shows like a printer icon). Double-click on the control icon to insert it on the currently open form.
-end-
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 18:14
I've added "[STYX]" to the title, to attract the right attention. I think this is the way to go because it's ActiveX - but I don't know the finer details.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:24:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:24:13