Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Icons in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2008 11:01
First post...
Uh, first of all I'd really like to know what is up with the DBPro Icons subbrowser. It won't open any icon I pick, not even 32-by-32 256 color icons!!!!! It makes it so I can't even save or open the project again without having to delete the icon!
Does anyone know the answer?

It's a trap!
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2008 03:43
Works for me . Are the icons bitmaps or actual *.ICO files? If they're bitmaps you'll have to convert them to ICOs. There is at least one free program I know of that does this. If you don't want to download anything like that you can post the image and I can convert it.

There used to be some commands dealing with icons but I don't think they work anymore.

Another option is to use an alternate IDE like CodeSurge or BlueIDE. They're usually better anyway.

Powered by Box2D Physics. Thanks Diggsey!
gladi8r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 03:00
No matter what it is, a bitmap or an icon, DBPro will not open it. It also interferes with me trying to save the project.
Say I have the 32x32 256-color icon favicon.ico.
I browse for favicon.ico, find it, and then open it.
An error box comes up saying "Cannot open favicon.ico."
I have tried this with millions of icons.
However, it turns up in the "Icons" list in the project browser.
When I try to save the project, the same annoying error pops up: Cannot open favicon.ico.
If I get the chance to save it like I have on some odd occasions, I open it.
You guessed it:
Cannot open favicon.ico.
It gets so bad that I manually have to remove the icon from the project, just to make it work.
Even though all this happens, the icon still shows up perfectly on the screen when I generate the .exe, as if to taunt me.
But...
My program handles files. It makes a file and it writes output based on the user's input into it. It works perfectly when just a DBPro project file. But when it's an EXE, and has that gloating icon on the front of it...
It makes a file, but it doesn't write anything into it!
I have reason to believe that this has to do with the icon.
Do you know of anyone who has had a similar problem?

It's a trap!
Attila
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Icon where (until XP) 32x32 pixel size and 16 colors. Try to make icons in this classic format.
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 03:05 Edited at: 8th Feb 2008 03:05
As far as I know, you're icon has to be in the same folder as your project file (either that or the EXE file, I'm not sure which). Also, *.BMP has worked for me with icons on several occasions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:30:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:30:23