Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Loading my own FPSC in GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Only started to use Dark GDK last week, and it seems to be a good development kit. I can get the tutorials working no problem but when I go to create a project of my own I'm getting stuck every time. I've looked through the ormum and found some similar topics but I don't feel they have been explained enough. Let me explain what I've been trying to do.

1: I created my own level using FPSC, not a problem, and then I built it.
2: I then created my own project using Dark GDK
3: Within my project folder (which was called leveltest) I set up a folder called media, and within this I stored the skybox2 bitmap and direct-x file associated with it. along with this I coped the texturebank and levelbank from where it was created by FPSC.
4: I unzipped the universe.dbo and .dbu along with the lightmaps diretory into a directory called leveltest.
5: I used the code from the "level" tutorial which was the same.
6: in the "level" tutorial the .dbo file was in the media directory so I put a copy here just in case...
7: when I run the project the skybox works fine...
8: The level is not my level but the one from the tutorial!!!

How can I be loading a level that I haven't even referenced...this is getting very frustrating...

any help greatly appreciated...
Kira
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 13:40:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 13:40:16