Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with 3d maps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 18:51 Edited at: 8th Feb 2008 19:53
hi,

Im very new to dark basic pro, and what i need to do is get a map that i made in '3d world studo 5.52' over into dark basic pro. Can somebody please give me a step-by-step tutorial or just explain how to do it. thanks
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 22:39 Edited at: 8th Feb 2008 22:40
1) Create a new folder and put your DBP project in that folder.
2) Go to 3DWS and press file>export.
3) Name the file and in the drop down menu of file types select ".dbo"
4) Browse to the folder you created for your DBP project.
5) Export the file here.
6) In DBP use 'load object "[file name].dbo", [object number]' command to load the object in DBP

dan958
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks but i still need help, this is the first 3d map ive tryed to code and im not sure how to just be able to move freely around it using only the arrow keys.

this was my code but it just comes up with a black screen

Please to not be horrible or critisize me becuase i am new at this and have only made a few 2d things before.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 01:14 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 01:18
Quote: "Please to not be horrible or critisize me becuase i am new at this and have only made a few 2d things before."

Criticism is only constructive and if telling you what we tell all newcomers to the forums, then apologies in advance for being horrible.

All I would say is that your question isn't really specific enough so you should sit yourself down and spend a couple of hours reading a few posts on here. Use the search to look for 'Move Camera' or 'Rotate Camera'.

[Edit] After looking at your code snippet, I thought I'd mention that you normally don't move the landscape when you have loaded it. Create another object and move that. Check out my Set Camera To Follow tutorial for the next step.

Look at the examples that come with DB Pro. The help files containg example programs which demonstrate all the commands.

Also, read some tutorials. If you are totally new to programming, try starting here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

This is very, very basic stuff that you should be learning yourself. It would take half a novel to explain what you asked and then we'd have to do it a couple of days later when someone else new joined.

But, that's what tutorials are for - so we can point newcomers to them instead of explaining the fundamentals over and over again.

If you have searched the forums and read the tutorials and still haven't found an answer to your problem then by all means come back and post a question.

If I didn't know what I was doing, I wouldn't even start with 3D, but it's your choice.

People are never horrible if you show you have at least tried to solve your problem before posting here.

TDK_Man

dan958
Years of Service
User Offline
when i said i want to go around the maps, i didn't mean to walk on the surface, all i wanted to do was to be able to fly around the map like you can do when your using 3d world studio. is this also very hard to do?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:30:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:30:09