Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Don't let Disturbing 13 go!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 16:27
It seems that in light of the actions of some forum members (whos names shall remain....un-named), D13 has decided leave the TGC forums.

I don't think we should let that happen. D13 has been here since before I joined the forums, and his work has always pushed the bar, not to mention the number of wicked characters we've all snapped up from him over the years.

It seems to me totally rediculous that he feels that he can't come to these boards anymore due to the activities of a malicious few. So I'm just making a post to say.

Stay buddy....

who's with me?

(PS, this thread is supposed to have the same vibe as that movie "The dead poets Society" where all the Kids get up on the table and say "Oh captain my captain" in support of Robin Williams)

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 16:32 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 16:35
Quote: "It seems to me totally rediculous that he feels that he can't come to these boards anymore due to the activities of a malicious few."

It is ridiculous to feel that way, I must agree. I would have thought he was beyond that. Sorry, but it just seems like, "If I can't win, I'll take my ball and go home". Just a little more drama for the bored.

Best.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 16:32
I'm with you Butters. Please stay D13.

[href][/href]
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
FFS, I just typed out a massive reply and it's all gone. I'll try to summarise it though.

You've been an amazing personality around these forums D13, and you're a skilled 3d modeler, texturer, and game developer all round. Don't let the actions of a few idiots force you to leave, because you will always get the last laugh. I would like to know what they've been doing however, because if it's serious, and more than just general annoyance, something should be done.

In short, don't leave mate, we want you around!

And Butters, long time no see man, how've you been?

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 16:46
Stay! Stay! Stay!

DARKEST NIGHTMARE
coming 2008
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 16:53
Quote: "And Butters, long time no see man, how've you been?"

I'm good. Working on a commercial title, so I've had very little free time (it hits beta in March). Still I've been making a new biped for FPSC, that is almost done, I've got the tricks and traps pack in the making, and I'm writing a customised AI system in DBP. I haven't left the computer in 3 months.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 17:19
Good to see you back, butters.

And D13, please don't leave, your work is so inspiring and motivating, and the forums wouldn't have been the same without you.
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 17:19
D13 was sent viruses form the german members (Red Devils crew). He was one of many to recieve this, the others are mainly the Lemur team. Disturbing 13 will soon be (according to URLforce) will be joining Indiegamedev.net.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 17:23
D13, I was really looking forward to all of your work! Don't go!!!

[url=http://gunn3rgames.zxq.net]
[/url]
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 17:24
@Butters
Sounds like you have been extremely busy.
How's my model coming along? Have you started it yet?

I agree with Xplosys about the drama part, but I remember wanting to leave at one time too. It too was from a the inability to get along with some of the people who were here. I hate this no mention of any names when people are calling them things like 'malicious'. It seems like if you are not going to use their names, then name calling could be avoided as well.I think half of the arguements here are just misunderstandings, and that is because everyone comes from different backgrounds and cultures so they have different ways of looking at things and different ways of expressing themselves. But then again, that's life, so get used to it.

I too hate to see Disturbing13 go, but really it is his doing, not those 'malicious few'. There are many other ways to handle an issue such as this. If their actions were really 'malicious', then TGC would have banned them I'm sure. If he is leaving just because epople come into his threads and make negative comments everytime he posts, then once again, that's life, get used to it.

It all boils down to this...
Some people like to annoy other people, because it is what they choose to do.
You can let them get you angry (which gives them satisfaction), get even (which is lowering yourself to their level), or just ignore them.
There is no person on these forums who has the ability to pester me more than my love for FPSC.
In other words, it would be a cold day at the devil's house before I give up the TGC forums over some troll.

The fact is, that Disturbing13 has been a little abbrasive in a few of his replies before. (that may have prompted a few of his run-ins)
One day I think he is one of FPSC greatest contributers, then the next day he bashes the product.

If he really wants to leave then do it.
If not, then stop the drama, try to get along, and overlook the trolls until they break the AUP, then report them.
Getting those malicious few exposed and banned for their actions would seem better than running away not saying their names.

What have they done, physically threatened you not to say anything to TGC?
If so then maybe this should be reported elsewhere, and if not, then again I have to agree with Xplosys that it is a bit dramatical.

Good Luck Disturbing13, because a lot of us here wish you success.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
OFF TOPIC: Hey Butters, since you're actually here, and this is your thread - are you still taking orders for Butter Cutter? I'd like to give that sucker a try, but it seems from the official ButterCutter feedback thread that there's some folks who paid for it way back in December but haven't received it or been able to get hold of you. Hope that's all been sorted out now.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 17:45 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 17:55
I was making a product just like that when Butters released his. (I was going to call mine "The Punch Pack")
I had just figured out how to 'hide' the holes frames and had my first 4 or 5 'cutters'/punches made when he announced his Butter Cutters.
I decided not to be a direct competition near his release, so I wanted to wait awhile to finish mine.
So, I stopped work on it and moved to something else. (I do that often, and its why I get little done)

Now that the other guy (the German fellow, I forget his name) has released his version of a cutter, then I guess I can go back to work on mine.
I know a lot of people liked the Butter Cutter, and I liked the screenshots too. (looks nice)
My version was simplier than his, but I have plans now to enable the user to edit the cutter into their own shape.
This of course will take a little time to complete, and it is not on the front burner, so it will be awhile before I release it.

Hope you don't mind me mentioning it here Butters, but Bond's question seemed like a good time.

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been checking each day for the release of Return to En Boca. This looks to be one of the best games on here and it will be sad if it's never released!
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 18:12
D13 has been the best help with the work of my upcoming game Lifeless, and I am gutted that the board has been so rubbish to him lately. Of course, I don't mean all the members of the board, most are helpful and cheerful people, but there are definitely a few sour grapes that let the side down.

One of the main issues with this board, in my opinion, are the lurkers and scroungers that can't be bothered to learn to make their own media. We all know the quickest way to earn respect on these forums is to give away models and media for free, but there are many ungrateful people who download it, don't credit it, and don't say thank you for hours of work. With the constant threat of piracy aswell, I know many people have stopped releasing media, and if I remember correctly, Butters upped the price(or was planning to) of some of his media because he needed to provide extra protection systems to stop piracy. It's incredibly sad that this community of mainly creative and inventive, trustworthy people has been brought to this.

D13 has been a great contributor to the boards. He releases top quality models and media, he's helped me countless times, and his own game creations are fantastic to say the least. At the end of the day, it's his choice to leave, and if that's what it comes to I don't blame him. These boards are getting more malicious by the day, and it pains me that such a talented person is considering his retirement from this forum because some people need to learn to grow up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this forum's purpose to promote a happy, encouraging place for game designers? I doubt many people would refer to those words when talking about this site currently - Some people need to change their attitudes, and buck their ideas up, or people as talented as D13 will continue to lose faith in this community, and then it's your loss, and your fault.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Paul
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 18:16
It's just that drama part that seems petty, and I wasn't expecting it from him. D13 is a valued asset to this community. It would be a shame if his knowledge and experience were not here to continue to move FPSC forward.

Best.

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
I'm good. Working on a commercial title, so I've had very little free time (it hits beta in March). Still I've been making a new biped for FPSC, that is almost done, I've got the tricks and traps pack in the making, and I'm writing a customised AI system in DBP. I haven't left the computer in 3 months."

You've been busy! Good luck with everything, sounds like you have some sweet stuff going!

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 18:29 Edited at: 9th Feb 2008 18:31
drama, whatever.
this forum isnt worth getting infected with a virus from those who can't debate. I've kept a civil tongue and thats all i was trying to do. I was defending a fellow member who couldn't defend himself(propperly) and was repayed with a virus that infected my MSN account and those who were in my list by those who couldn't just face up to what they did. And I don't think this forum is worth putting my friends comps in danger since a virus is their only resort of defence. Butters , I appreciate the sentiment and wasn't even going to reply but out of respect for you I decided to post and say , I'm sorry but I really can't stay. I appreciate all the supporters and I'm sorry to disappoint, but please don't ask me to stay.

D13

EDIT: Say what you want about me now, I won't reply.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 18:44
Disturbing, I came in contact with that virus... apparently this spread to my computer because an infectee had it on their computer and it sent me a link, which downloaded the virus and began to send it to everyone whom was online in my contact list.

I quickly erradicated it, but since my computer is LITERALLY a central hub of conversations, that bugger went all over the place. I sent eeryone information on how to get rid of it, but this forum seems to sum it all up nicely into a few easy steps.

http://www.escapestudios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873

If you were infected with the virus and haven't gotten rid of it, go to that page to find out how to rid yourself of it.

Hopefully it didn't get the chance to do any real damage to anyone.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 21:07
@Disturbing13

If you leave because of this, then those you stood up to have won...

I'll admit, I don't know you, haven't been here long enough, but from what I've heard, you shouldn't back down....

Who's to say they won't move on to IDG.net afterwards, if they want to **** up your computer....

Come on mate, don't give up hope on these forums..

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 22:55
Post a link to the thread with the rumpus on it.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
Can we have some info on this virus, since we're all potentially in danger here.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 23:54
the virus is a MSN Worm, it will automaticially post to all of your online friends

"Hey this looks like you, is it (Link here)" you click link, bam, you have virus

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I too was threatened by the virus, (thanks plystire, D13, Duplex, and whoever else's hijacked msn sent me "love" notes) and fortunately I did not get infected, but the damage was already done to my dev pipeline, as now I have to think twice about sharing/receiving files which was my common practice.

D13 will carry-on where he likes, although he will be missed by everyone. Who knows, maybe it was RD or maybe it wasn't. I still don't like the idea of a "world-class, sponsored individual" needing to copy people's packs. D13 was right on, and the issue of honesty over getting freebies will countinue to haunt these forums.

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 00:56
C'mon D13, we love you here. Please don't leave. If you leave I leave.

butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
Butters im with you we need D13 i remember when he used to help me with my project and give me hints and we cant let him just leave.

I hate the german fourm they copy all of our stuff and then try to give it to us for free.

Jfac rules
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 02:52
Quote: "Oh captain my captain"

Coined from walt whitman

Such a good poem..

Stay D13!

Cheers,
Dave

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 11:02
Urlforce, you did get infected. I got a message from you yesterday with something similar to "OMG, you on the net? <Link Here>"

Anyhow, Its sad to see Disturbing 13 leave. He is one of the very few that still remain of the old FPSC Legends.

My project, site is far from done though.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 16:29 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 16:32
These two rules might help you avoid getting infected:

Do not blindly accept everything people try to send you on MSN. IM viruses have been around for a long time now, most of us should know that they exist. If someone tries to send you something without properly explaining what it is, ask them. If they don't know what you're talking about then it's a virus.

Do not run EXEs when you don't know what they are or do. If someone sends you a ZIP containing images, you surely don't expect an EXE to be in there do you?

Some time ago someone sent me some images in a ZIP over MSN. I unzipped a folder and saw an EXE. Did I run it? No, because they told me they were sending me images. It was quite obvious that it was a virus in this case, particularly when I asked the sender about it.

Quote: "And I don't think this forum is worth putting my friends comps in danger since a virus is their only resort of defence."

Don't blame the forums for what someone did in an IM client. If you're more careful you won't get any of these viruses.

Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 17:15
Dude D13, If you go.........you'll make tears come out of my eyes.......and I don't cry.....but look at me tears are comeing out of my eyes.

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 19:05 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 19:33
Quote: "I appreciate all the supporters and I'm sorry to disappoint, but please don't ask me to stay."

Okay, I won't ask, but I am disappointed.

I won't ask you to stay , but I will ask you to re-consider your decision to leave.

Dude, I see people posting my company name on lists of software pirates just because they don't like me.
Its funny how the person doing it had made threads about following rules and how if noobs did that the forums would be better.
They had started a contest with laid out rules, and then after people had already entered, he changed the rules.
All I did was question his action of changing the rules mid-way, and now he hates me and goes around bad-mouthing my company?
I never flamed him as he said, and he is no-one to tell people to follow rules when he can't even follow his own.
They slander my name because I simply questioned their rules in one of their threads?
What did I do when I saw it? Nothing! Why waste my time on petty crap like that?(people get upset and blow things out of proportion)
I felt like reporting it to the Admin at that site, but then after thinking about his position as a Mod here, I realized this had been an attempt to ban me here.
He even asked them in that forum when I would be banned here in this forum!!! WHAT? All I did was question his rules!!! (I feel like giving up sometimes too)
Then, I knew it was all a waste of time to complain about it to anyone, so I did nothing but ignore it.

These people will never go away, and you will find them in every forum you go to.

You know that you love FPSC, and you know the new users here need your help.
That is the ony reason I stay; to try to beat the flamers to the noob posts, so I can teach them how to search and notice the stickies before they get charred.
A lot of people here do not like me because sometimes I seem abbrasive, but I am only being honest.
I hope I did not offend you or cause you any of this grief which is making you leave.
If so, tell me and I will try to communicate better.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 19:53
Quote: "A lot of people here do not like me because sometimes I seem abbrasive, but I am only being honest."

I'm also abrasive and so is D13 at times. It's just who we are and it takes all kinds of people to make a community. I'm sure some of what was said in the "thread that started this" is at least part of the reason you're leaving. Thinking that you're leaving this forum, a place where you have longevity and respect and obviously love, because someone sent you a virus in you IM is just too much to swallow. I know your pissed because others didn't agree with you, and a MOD deleted some of your posts.

In the words of Tom Arnold (True Lies, talking to Arnold)....

It's humiliating, I know,
but take it like a man!

LOL. Anyway, whatever you do, it was privilege knowing you.

Best.

nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:03
If you wish to leave, it's up to you. To be honest, i don't really care.

Footsteps W.I.P
Trala'em Goes Oblivion (TES IV Mod)
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
So this is the way the tables turn D13? If you can't your ground here, where are you going to run when something happens over there?
Many people love you here, and you've become a part of the board family. Quitting now would just trample on anything you've ever worked on, anything you've ever posted, any friendships you've ever made here, and, on and, on and, on. I beg you... along with the community to stay. Here is where you belong. It is here where everything should happen.

Stay D13.

Astek

-Astek Games Developer-
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 23:26
Quote: "drama, whatever.
this forum isnt worth getting infected with a virus from those who can't debate. I've kept a civil tongue and thats all i was trying to do. I was defending a fellow member who couldn't defend himself(propperly) and was repayed with a virus that infected my MSN account and those who were in my list by those who couldn't just face up to what they did. And I don't think this forum is worth putting my friends comps in danger since a virus is their only resort of defence. Butters , I appreciate the sentiment and wasn't even going to reply but out of respect for you I decided to post and say , I'm sorry but I really can't stay. I appreciate all the supporters and I'm sorry to disappoint, but please don't ask me to stay.

D13

EDIT: Say what you want about me now, I won't reply."
Last time I helped someone out, I got a ban and hatemail. It's generally a bad idea on these forums. Sorry to see you go man

[img][/img]
Go to Elite OPS Terrorstike in the Showcase.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 23:49
It's a bit late for this now, isn't it...?

I mean, both Butters and D13 registered at IDG.net today....

I did weeks ago, and I'm afraid I like it a bit better there, there's a real community spirit....

I feel that this Forum doesn't really have that, what with people undercutting each other with packs, slandering in the odd thread...

Goodbye...

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 03:35 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 03:36
Hummm.... what is the url of this site you speak of? I might check it out. I think I need to see whats so great about that site.
(and no... I'm not saying I'm leaving, so no one hold their breath.)

Astek

-Astek Games Developer-
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh... yeah... I've already registered there. Stupid me, it never
hit me that "IDG" stood for indie game dev. Yeah, I've checked out that site. I'm already a member.

Thanks for the enlightenment Coffee Grunt.

Astek

-Astek Games Developer-
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 22:19 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 22:20
Sorry guys, im going to have to go with D13, im with the IGD now to. I will have my projects continued on there. They will be up asap. I might come back one day but im not sure.....

bye TGC

heres a gift for all....

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 02:05
Are people leaving TGC for IGD?
Is it, the king is dead, long live the new king?

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 02:14 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 02:18
Quote: "Are people leaving TGC for IGD?
Is it, the king is dead, long live the new king?"

I'm not going anywhere, unless TGC wants me to.
I guess some people feel like they have to move on in order to grow, and that's okay.
Bubye D13 & Corky, and hello noobs.

I wish all you guys the best of luck, and even though you are leaving; don't forget to visit once in awhile.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 16:42
Quote: "Is it, the king is dead, long live the new king?"

Kinda, I've set up base there now, but I will pop back here nw and then, to help those poor noobs in the scripting section.....

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 20:53
Quote: "don't forget to visit once in awhile."

I will, im just going to take a little break right now...

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 21:46 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 23:51
Wow... guess who ALSO left with them. Creator of Zombies.
I'm starting to feel that change in these forums is bad...
or is it the other way around? Maybe if people would change
and stop being noobs, then maybe people wouldn't leave. Personally
I think all these spammer and banned user wrecking everything
should be arrested and thrown into a nice cozy cell with a big black
guy named "Daddy." Maybe if they spent 2 years in prison
getting molested by someone bigger than them... they might stop.
I wish people would grow up and learn to be open minded and maybe
learn to respect other's opinions. And even though COZ's reasons
are totally something different... I have a small voice inside
telling me that that wasn't the whole story.

Thanks Spammers and flamers!!

Astek

Make the move to indiegamedev.net today! We're the fairest around!
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 21:49
Quote: "Thanks Spammers and flamers! "

Uhmm Strelok leaved because of a different reason...same as Disturbing.
As for CoZ...didnt know he was leaving...but for others? Are there more?

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 21:59 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 23:52
EDITED by Astek

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 22:03
This is great.Every day I keep coming to the forums to find more people leaving.Terrific.
The only thing I have to ask before you all leave is that you think of the forum members that didn't actually create problems for you.
I don't want people to just up and start leaving.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 22:04
I agree with you about the sphere over here.
Its more "cold" than it usually was...
Now it is if someone is posting a model pack that people immediatelly claim they have seen it somewhere else..
or that maybe the tiniest thingy is looking bad...while the rest of the model is superb.

Also with games...they always look at the bad stuff in it...
And start bashing at it instead of helping that person.

Quote: "I had planned out an awesome side-story and now that he is gone...
what is the point?"

So because someone else is leaving you should leave?
You can make that side-story in a main-story of your own game.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 22:06 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 23:53
Edited by Astek.

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 12th Feb 2008 22:14 Edited at: 12th Feb 2008 22:15
I would stay but I'm sorry guys I just can't do it anymore, this place used to be enjoyable. Until all the rules became so strict, and stupid.

I was going to post this in Coz's thread but it got locked. If Coz is reading this I just want him to know that he has always been my influence on these forums, because when I came I had seen he had so many posts on his game and I wanted to be just like him. Its sad to see you go, but I guess everything happens for a reason. Will you be on any other forums?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:19:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:19:05