Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / New Barbarian war sword

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 18:30
Heres a barbarian war sword I've made out from an orginal image of the reak sword you can see this here:

And heres my one. I made this today Saturday 26/10. Now I should just add some textures on it. Oh I almost forgot it is made in anim8or.

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 23:56
looks good. The blade is a little funny though. There shouldnt be a flat part on each side.

Goto http://www.shellshockede.com
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2002 05:03
good shape...
you'll want to make the top go into a point cause the sword should be like a diamond shape most of the way up
also, flatten it slightly - seems a bit too thick to me
a texture should really make it look great thou

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2002 14:04
Ok see it is here were I got the problem with anim8or I apply my textures and then all looks fine you happy and the sun shines. But when I export it to .3ds take the .3ds and the skin .bmp and place it into my project/curent/media folder and then I run it in Dbpro with load object command and there it is but without the textures! But when I try to apply textures with the texture object command the textures wont apply either the object is still white! Maybe I shall use another program when make the .3ds. Anyone got anny idea? Maybe I shall ask this in the Newcomers Corner. Or in the Real game tools forum I dont know I just have an idea that there are some people there familiar with anim8or.

Well I have made an arow to and I have correct some things at the sword, example the things Vegeta said. But I want the blade to have a flat part, it looks better that way I think.

Heres the arow.

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2002 19:32
no i agree the blade should have a flat part, however it should be in the right place

i made this quickly to show ya... notice where i've placed the flat part, if i put some more time in this i'd optimise it probably make the flat part angle towards the blade and chamfer the end part to make it circle a little, fit the handle more
Good to remember what can be done within a texture and what doesn't need to be (^_^)

(image 640x480x16bpp - sword 240polygons unoptimised)

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 09:34
nice model =)

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:44:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:44:16