Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / math problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 10:38
i think im posting this in the right spot. im having a problem trying to figure out how to find the xz cordinates of a circle on the edge of the cirlce. the circle is a sphere that is scaled down to look like a circle. it is a platform that an object is on and when the object gets to the edge of it the object falls off. does anyone know how i can make this happen? ive been messing with this for 3 days now. included is a paint image i did so you understand what im trying to do.
thanks

mfield

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 14:01
You need to know when the object is further away from the circle than it's radius. So you need the distance between 2 points, those points being your object and the disc.

misifield
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 18:12
thank you. i actual also found another way to do it while i was waiting on this post, if you make another sphere close to the same size i think a little smaller and set collision on so when you touch the sphere it knows your at the edge then run the falling code. but im going to write this code down because im sure it will be very usful in the future thank you.

mfield

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:31:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:31:22