Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Phoenix Game Protector for X10 Survey

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 22:41 Edited at: 11th Dec 2008 15:51
UPDATED

DOWNLOAD TRIAL VERSION TODAY

Everyone -

I am just wondering if we should developer the Phoenix Game Protection for X10 it has had great success with X9. So right now we are currently wrapping our heads around everything to see if we should go ahead with X10 version.

Let me kow your Thoughts.

UPDATE SEE SCREENSHOTS BELOW. MORE INFO WILL BE POSTED AS IT COMES AVAILABLE THIS IS YOUR TEASER!

Main application

FTP Client

Convert It Pro

About Us & Misc Info

Check For Updates

Application Settings

License Info

Intergrated Web Broswer to Hot Links

User Form Info

Games List Manager

Games and Key Infomation as well as Key Search

~James

Phoenix Sentry Programmer & CoFounder
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 22:46
Also if you do think we should go forward with this what do you want to see in it?

~James

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 23:52
I wouldn't do it quite yet, not that many people have X10 yet, but it would be a great addition farther down the road.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 02:30
Yes, definitely come with it. X10 needs tools and utilities to help make it a full game development solution. As people develop, there is a need to distribute alphas, betas, demos, etc. This would help immensely and is needed "before" development is done.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Razorback
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 17:14
I myself would like to see an X10 version of Phoenix Game Protection. I currently own the pro version but would
like to see widescreen resolutions added to both the X9 and
X10 versions. Widescreen monitors seem to common place now
and having it as an option would be a plus.

Regards,

Razorback
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 18:17
Very interesteing idea on the widescreen option, however I am not quite sure how that would work fromwhat I understand is that X10 inherits the native screen size of the users monitor that it is currently set to.

X9 you could change this. Does anyone know if this can be changed in in X10 and if you can disable Bloom, Water, Fog, etc thru the setup.ini?

~James

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 20:53
...you know that I think Phoenix is a fantastic program, James.

I'd like to see you press on ahead with an x10 version. I don't own x10, and have no intention of ever buying it, but Phoenix should always stay cutting edge. Not to do so would be a huge mistake.

Glad to see you and Phoenix are doing well.

Thanks,

Seth Black

Widow 13 - ©2008 Harsh Games, Inc
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 21:55
Thanks Selt we will continue on with it what it will have instore will yet to be determined.

We may bring the program down to basics first and then start fresh.

~James

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 16:43
I would also like to show my support for FPSC X10 Phoenix support!

For FPSC X9 I also support the wide screen support since they seem to rule earth now
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 17:17
Quote: "Yes, definitely come with it. X10 needs tools and utilities to help make it a full game development solution. As people develop, there is a need to distribute alphas, betas, demos, etc. This would help immensely and is needed "before" development is done.
"

Well, let's say if you develope it now... You will get a little profit for about a month...

Then when more people upgrade, you will get more people buying it who had PGP(Not me, I'm going to try and see if the EFX mod or Lemur can help get X10 graphics and stability into X9, going to give X9 one last chance with these mods, not to mention Ragdoll is coming to it at no cost! Unlike spending two to three thousand dollers upgrading).

Click here to see my showcase.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 18:02 Edited at: 27th Feb 2008 18:10
Quote: "Unlike spending two to three thousand dollers upgrading"

That's a myth. I only needed a new graphics card which cost me about $225 USD. I got an 8800 on sale at Compusa. If we're talking about your personal spend, then you are getting ripped off. You can get an awesome system for half that price.

Another factor is that MS is supporting XP for 1 more year. So I'm not too worried about people upgrading their OS and Hardware. Sooner or later you will do it.

I think it would be great to have a product ready as X10 matures. Now is the perfect time to add features, debug, etc. Most products have success because they identify a niche early, not after the fact. Think how much nicer your X9 or X10 experience would have been if the tools that we have now (Phoenix, Signs, Magic FPS, etc) were available on day one.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 17:24
Yes, I would use it for X10

Thanks

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 18:42
i vote for it,
I wonder if there is a way to turn down settings so X9 users can play the game(like in crysis)

[url] Operationblackmesa.vossey.net [/url]
Forums [url] http://operationblackmesa.vossey.net/forums [/url] OPBM Developer
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 18:56
Please remove the Menu thing, since it crashes on some PC's.

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Source and Non Source versions available!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 19:13
Wow, why dig this up. There's another thread where he says they're doing an X10 version.

FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 19:18
Yes we are currently developing it, it has alot of new features now. So when you see it this time it will be completely different from what you seen and know to be PGPS.

It is taken a little bit of time to develope it but, we believe the wait will be well worth it.

~James

Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 19:48
Quote: "Also if you do think we should go forward with this what do you want to see in it?
"

I want to see it working. . No offense but whenever I downloaded a game which had Phoenix protection it wouldn't work.

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 20:16
Quote: "I want to see it working. . No offense but whenever I downloaded a game which had Phoenix protection it wouldn't work."

Because the visual menu crashes silently...

SOTA Engine
Purchase
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 20:22
That's funny because in all our test, BETA Testers, and Games that are protected, we have never seen or heard of this till right now.

Chances are .NetFrameworks were not installed, or updated. Or the game wasn't ran in adminsitrator.

~James

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 21:11
DarkFact admitted this to me, and that he told you to remove it... Since it crashes on SOME PC's, the games worked fine on the PC with PGP installed though, but on some others it just crashes.

SOTA Engine
Purchase
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 21:27
Revert back to previous statement.

[quote]Chances are .NetFrameworks were not installed, or updated.[/qoute]

PC's that dont have this installed when trying to run the game will get errors. Thus why .netFrameworks are required as a system requirement. The users who are publishing their games need to have this in thier distributions or README or INSTALL files to warn their users.

So it s not a crash, PGP is built using .NetFrameworks and this was told to everyone when DarkFact originally wrote this. The reason that PC that worked fine with PGP already installed is because it is a requirement to even run the program.

Hope this answers your concerns a little more. Not trying to debate or anything like that, jsut simply trying to explain our findings.

~James

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 21:44
Quite odd, since I have 2 PC's, with all .net Frameworks installed... and one one it silently crashes, and on the other(where PGP is installed) it runs fine. Explain that

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 22:15
Sounds like a volunteer for beta testing has been found!

shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 19:43
any more word on it, really looking forward to this

[url] Operationblackmesa.vossey.net [/url]
Forums [url] http://operationblackmesa.vossey.net/forums [/url] OPBM Developer
FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 20:03
We hoping to have this completed in a month. There is alot of new code being placed into the PGP system as this will be PGP Suite Editions.

SPECIAL NOTE TO ALL: Purchase the Pro Version or higher before July 15th 2008 and you will be grandfathered in and be able to get a special Upgrade price on the PGPS Suite Editions equal to your Pro or higher versions at a very reasonable discounted price.

Currently All versions of PGPS are on sale, so it would be wise to take advantage now.

Lots of intregrations built in. Not to mention you will be getting free hosting for Game Files as well with each order for a year. So that includes a personal subdomain for an extra cost or use the sub-folders that come with it.

Convert It Pro will also be builtin. AS well as the Web App is being intregrated into the sytem so you will not need to go into the web site app itself but be able to execute all this from within the application as well as upload your Keys to the server all from the same application.

We are also implenting a Store into the applicatoin as well so you can purchase upgraded licenses and services.

Also we are intregrating the ICO update into the application so you can change the ICO files from your built games. This will help as now you will not have to wait for the PGP team to compile your Games for you.

Something new is for Developers and Above the Web App to your own servers for online game validation as well as Multiple Server Support. So you can run more than one validation server.

This will require new license keys for everyone who purchases the Suite Editions as they old licenses will not work as everything about your accounts will now be inside your licenses as well as Expirations of licenses.

A download manager will also be intregrated into the Application so for your games you can distribute them and provvide your KeyCodes on the file. As well as instant updated to your KeyCodes and Search features for Keys from within the Application.

A Upgraded system will be also intregrated into the applicationt that was never before available will also be included. So you can stay updated or not.

Plus many more features and changes. So as you can see there has been and ongoing changes and developments to the PGPS System itself since the last time anyone has seen it.

Customers will also get discounted Web Hosting services as well for their own sites if they choose to get Hosting services. Thru our Hosting services that coming online very soon to as well to get a sneak peak, http://www.phoenix-hostin.com.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks we will have some screenshots ready to look at.

More info to follow.

~James

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 22:40
You just keep making my mouth water!

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Hosting is a tough marketplace... I hope it works good for you!

hey
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 12:50
Hey if i may make a suggestion for a feature, i think it would be cool. To Have a luanch/boot screen. Like with the pro games, that way instead of making installers and all that, we can just import the buttons and background for a luanch screen where it could luanch the game as well as other features like

Options

INSTALLED GAME PLAY GAME

UNINSTALL EXTRAS

THE MAKING OF Visit us at:

That is just an idea, i know someone that does it. I think id be a cool feature.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 16:51
Punk, did you even care to look at the original Phoenix? It does that already...

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 17:32
I just think it's funny to start a sentence with "Punk"

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 06:17
What really i never noticed that was it in the pro version?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 00:11
Quote: "What really i never noticed that was it in the pro version?"

Yes... Unless mine is so badly outdated that they have removed it by now.

Quote: "I just think it's funny to start a sentence with "Punk"
"

I think its funny you try to crack everything down.

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 01:23
Quote: "I think its funny you try to crack everything down."

I'm missing the connection? Could you help me understand what you mean, so that I don't do it again. Did you believe that I insulted Punk? Do share.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 01:43
lol, everyone loves calling me that especially heltor, he told me the other day

Quote: "I love how i can call you a punk and not be a jerk in doing so"
,lol

It's all good call me punk all you want

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 10:46
Quote: "I'm missing the connection? Could you help me understand what you mean, so that I don't do it again. Did you believe that I insulted Punk? Do share.
"

I had hoped you were smarter then that, The sentance I wrote down told you that you seem to like cracking things and people down. Not just in this specific topic.

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 13:44
Hmmm, I wonder if my previous post was sarcastic? Ya think? lol
Look, I'm not going to hijack this thread. You can email me
if you'd like to further critique my posts. And to be nice,
I won't even mention your smarter-then-that grammar.
Oops! Oh no I di'nt!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 19:35
Quote: "I won't even mention your smarter-then-that grammar. "

You do realise I'm not english right?

SOTA Engine
Purchase
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 19:56
Enough already Prince. I don't want this thread locked. Email me and we can both take Mensa tests.

@ Fastburst
The July early purchase deadline is coming up.
Are you nearly done?

FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 20:10
@Uthink - yes we are nearing completion very soon here, we have our beta testers running the applications now.

We hope to have it done in the next couple weeks if not sooner.

~James

Camo Junkie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 22:51
Looking forward to an X10 version.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 09:36 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 09:37
@FastBurst 2 : Wish you all the best with ya Phoenix for x10 good to see the project is still going.

Best s4

FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 17:28
Thanks s4

~James

FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 22:17
Go to first post and you can see the new screenshots so you can get an idea of what the New Phoenix will look like it will work with both X10 and X9 as well as other game dev platforms.

WOOOHOO!

~James

FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 22:27
We also plan on adding a buitl in Ticket Support Portal and Email system to email directly to Support.

AS well as some other features what will be added as updates come out. Plus you can purchase Upgrades from within the application.

Also these updates and new features will be free depending on the license types you have.

~James

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 04:54
Looking very good!

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 04:14
Been a long time. What's the latest?

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" -- Mike Tyson
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 19:57
Please Please Please develop this for x10. I will NEED it for froggy shoot out when its done.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 20:08
I'm anxious for this also, for the complete (5 chapters) "he is coming..."

FastBurst 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 20:37
It is nearing completion, we had some last minute changes and testing to do.

~James

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 21:14
Are you guys redoing your site or something? I just was looking for the x9 version and all the info and purchase links are messed up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:37:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:37:11