Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Small model problem..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Howdy,

For my game models, I'm using the ones that came with the GDK, in the media folder. Anyway, I load a file such as "H-Zombie-Move.x", or just any walking animation to use. Then, I loop the animation in my program. However it doesn't loop smoothly. When the animation reaches its end and it starts up again, there is a stutter with the model because the last frame and the first frame don't match. How do achieve a normal, smooth animation?

"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2008 14:51 Edited at: 14th Feb 2008 14:51
Look into:
dbSetObjectInterpolation : void dbSetObjectInterpolation ( int iObject, int iInterpolation )

Your mod has been erased by a signature
blargmob
Years of Service
User Offline
That doesn't work, I've tried. Unless I'm not setting the iInterpolation correctly.

blargmob
Years of Service
User Offline
Could it be possible that the animation should be made so that it loops correctly? In which case these anims are faulty?

blargmob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 22:40 Edited at: 15th Feb 2008 22:41
Anybody? I've tried dbSetObjectInterpolation(object, 1) and that does nothing...

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2008 14:57
Ok - Make a model viewer - REMEMBER animations are not "Fixed" they are transitional.

You can set a start frame of 2.5 for example.

Make a model viewer that loads/displays model, and allows you to step thorugh animations by various increments/decrements (forward back...

Like a PRO Video machine that can play movies forward and backwards at any speed.

You may find that looping from 1.8 to 5.6 gives much smoother results then say from 1 thru 6.

Also - Use timer based animation - not the loopy thing.

Expriment with how much of the animation should happen per second.. divide by 1000, then multiply result * timeelapsed

(TimeElapsed = NewTimer - OldTimer)

Note - if time elapsed = 0 I do nothing nor store this because eventually I'll get at least a milli second. Other people use a OS time function to get finer resolution of the clock - I'm not that anal about it.

Good Luck! (respond for more detail if your still stuck - so I get email - but I won't write the model viewer for you - but I may have some old one kicking around I use - but its home brew and not elegant - but explains things a little)

Shoot - here - Attached is a zip of mine - you'll need to look at the code - I have hardcoded "Models" - I never bothered with a loader dialog window - just get the dir right, and learn the key presses.

Hope this helps - NO it's not DarkGDK - but same principles apply.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
blargmob
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh, thank you so much. I got it to work by simply setting the starting and ending frames!

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2008 14:11
Excellent! Glad to have helped you get the wiggle and stuttering out of the animation!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:34:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:34:04