Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need pointers on a few things

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im fairly new to darkbasic since I dont know to many commands but Im working on a game and i need a few pointers to get me going on the project.

1:Bullets How does this work? Bullet commands exist but there not in the command list(i think) Can someone tell me how the bullet system works?

2: playing animations for certain actions This is another id like to know. would the play object command go with the IF THEN statment or is it done another way

3: BLENDER!!!! I made a couple passes on the blender thread, tryed many things and was successful in exporting static models but not animation. (the game wont run correctly)
How do I view and tweak vertex groups?
how do I add ONE vertex + connecting edges to a face of my choice
Does the model have to be 1 mesh?
Can I fuse two or more meshes together at a certain vertex, edge or face???
Do I have to select "parent object to ARMATURE"?

The things I have tryed:
A model made up of 14 meshs each parented to a bone + empty object:static=success animation=FAILED: animations dont play

A simple man made out of spheres. each had scale +rotation applied and then parented to a bone of an armature.
One interesting thing is I think the bones acutly got exported because the little code window didnt say SELECTED OBJECT IS NOT A MESH which it did with other trys.

A cube scaled/rotated and parented to a bone and animated into a swinging motion

Thank you
Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 03:22 Edited at: 15th Feb 2008 03:25
1. take a look at the fps tutorial here:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=56770&b=7

<edit> just realized you could also mean bullet points like:
-item1
-item2
-item3
In whixch case you should check out the "text" command and just use "-"'s for your bullets

2.yes you would play the object starting at the frame the action starts, using an if the statement. Example:

3.sorry cant help you there I don't use blender.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:32:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:32:17