Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBP Method - Using desktop aspect to keep things square...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 11:45 Edited at: 15th Feb 2008 15:48
Thought I'd start a series of threads titled DBP Method - to help intermediate user learn how to program useful functions using DarkBasic Profesional.

I've decided to start the ball rolling with this rather dull but simple method of detecting the desktop aspect ratio and using this value to adjust the camera aspect ratio to suit.

Why?, well with the influx of monitors of differing resolutions and aspects, i.e. widescreen displays. this code will adjust a standard screen setting of 800x600's aspect ratio to that of the desktop thus eliminating the squashing effect this has.

Go Create...

*note If you have a better or more readable method of achieving the same, feel free to post an example.

Cyberspace was becoming overcrowded and slummy so I decided to move. These nice chaps gave me a lift.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 12:11
Whilst I think that helping Newcomers to DBP is always a good thing, I can see two things wrong with this post.

1) It really ought to be in the Newcomers DBPro corner
2) It is a little too advanced for Newcomers and could be off-putting.

Perhaps re-positng in the correct forum with something a little more simple would be a better idea?

TinTin
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 15th Feb 2008 15:46
I see what you mean Scraggle, maybe I should have said intermediate. (Edited to suit)

The style of my code examples is to maintain reuseable code functionality, once the library gets enough entries then hopefully typing DBP Method - would bring up a list of working functions that anyone can use/look/modify in their own application.

Cyberspace was becoming overcrowded and slummy so I decided to move. These nice chaps gave me a lift.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:34:41