Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / New to Dark GDK and to C++ help!..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I went through all the Tutorials that came with it except the shader ones since I dont have dark shader.

They all seemed easy to understand then they jumped right to the darn dark invadres game ...then I lost it..I understand they used sprites.

I would like a tutorial that explains from beginning to end how to make a 3D or 2D game..obviously this is a big request but this is how I learn..once im shown the steps I shouldnt need much help after..
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2008 15:04
Boy - For DarkGDK? Yeah - I think we all would - but I think you're gonna be told to check out the Dark Basic Pro tut's on games etc - there are many examples in DarkBasic Pro - and most of the logic applies here - however - DarkGDK does have its own demons - so there is no replacement for trying baby steps things - and working it together over time to make a game.

I'm a GOOD PROGRAMMER - and I have DarkGDK - and some decent code - then I bought DarkAI and Dark Physics - and NOW - I have been researching for almost 3 months - (before I got DarkAI and Dark Physics) because the more I learned the more I felt the need to step back and rethink how I was going to build my game.

I think you should just start small - try to make cool code snips reusuable - build a library of cool stuff over time - and more or less increase your game making tool box.

If its taking me this long - to write nothing but experimental code - then I think a complete game tutorial beginning to end - MIGHT be a tall order - unless of course I simply suck at programming - don't have a clue - and should just shut up - which is VERY possible too

Slasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 22:27
Thanks for the tip because I just downloaded darkGDK and just recently went though all of the tutorials and was wondering the same thing. See I'm also new to c++ also well I know the basic. And everytime I go though the tutorials I was trying to figure out how I can use this to put together my own game but I keep coming up blank. What I will do now is start small. And try to at least get something to show up and start from there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:40:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:40:52