Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Structure from the start

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any place that can show me how I should setup directory structure and so on from the start of a project. I am new to C++ and DGDK. I have have everything installed correctly and am ready to give it a shot but want to start of on the right foot so to speak.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 01:37
Good thinking ahead...

However - I think this is up to you - I don't think there is a set in stone anything here. Being Organized - like it looks like you want to be - is reall ythe most import thing. Find a structure that makes sense to you and stick with it.

Note - the Compiler makes the debug and release "dirs" under where your source code is - but when you run from the compiler - your "Source" directory is the current working directory.

This is an important thing to remember for when you try to run your exe out of the compiler. Simply copy the exe up to your source code directory (so when you launch it the working directory is what it was in the compiler... and you are smooth sailing.

Another thing I do - is I have a Archives Directory - Separate from my programming and "in progress media" that is just for 3d related stuff. I have a media directory, which breaks down into gfx, audi, source snippets, and breaks down even further in each of these... in gfx I have textures, terrain related, fonts, etc.

This is my piggy bank of stuff to copy to my coding area at will.... etc.

Hope this sparks an idea or two for ya.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:34:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:34:22