Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / BUG BUG BUG - Ahhhhh - Some one tell me I'm stupid and this isn't a BUG! PLEASE!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 00:47 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 01:43

Media Attached.

It MUST be the dbMakeMemblockFromImage - because everything I've done after - like get memblock size, trying to read values - JUNK Note: I tried more than one pic (wider then 320 pixels - you'll notice why in the test code I just posted) and same result.

I'm trying to Convert the Game creators Issue 59 Font Tutorial to GDK and can't do it!!!!

[EDIT]
---Appendum - Its a DEFINATE BUG. If you lower the ID's to FIVE's instead of 50000 - It Works. This means DARK BASIC PRO can handle HIGHER ID values than DarkGDK can - for Memblocks at least. UGH.
[/edit]

[edit2] MODERATOR - Please change this topic to something more searchable. suggestion: BUG - Memblock - dbMakeMemblockFromImage with Large ID's
Thanx in advance.
[/edit2]

[edit3]
I Did more research - here's the Deal. Nothing Wrong AT ALL with the Load Image Command. It's DEFINATELY dbMakeMemblockFromImage and here's the MAGIC ID NUMBER 257 and lower WORKS! 258 and higher DOES NOT.
[/edit3]

[edit4]
It's worse than I thought. You simply cannot have a MEMBLOCK with an ID > 257 TGC - Please fix this.
[/edit4]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 01:49 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 02:12
Jason

I was able to convert using DBA2CPP but I did end up with a very strange image.

edit *** removed oversize code snippet available in next response

All the best
Codger

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem

Attachments

Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to include the files in snippits maybe I exceeded the allowable size

Here is the full folder

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem

Attachments

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 02:04
Wow - Good Effort!

I went down the road of making my memblock class resort to "Auto ID Generation" from 1 to 249. 250-254 For Adhoc stuff... Like this font image snagging thing - and reserved 255 for Sparky, and 256 and 257 for "dangerous ground don't bother" hehe

I also - wrote extra code (that I don't have elsewhere) that actually verifies "dbMemblockExist" each time I spin up a new ID number to use in my factory because of the smaller "number" of valid ID's I (we) can use.

For my objects I just keep incrementing.

Thanx for putting some time into this. I really need to get a nicer image than the DBPro->DarkGDK converter can do.

Wish me luck.

I definately ran into a legitimate bug - and frankly - I have other developers telling me to "Get out" while you still can - but I'm pretty loyal here - so this is fodder for the ones who taunt me for sticking it out

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 02:05
(Can you close the code tag "[" / code "]" in your first post to "shrink" it for me?) Thanx.

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 02:35
Can't say as I blame you. TGC products are great. I have alot of them. I've spent a lot of money here over the years. All TGC products are critical to anything I am making's rapid development time. You know where I stand. But if you know something exists. work around avoid it. Its the ones you dont know about that will get you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:36:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:36:04