Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Street Fighter Signiture Gif

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 02:17
Ok I noticed in a few threads people were discussing Street Fighter signiture gifs, one of them got deleted, it was far off topic.

Basically heres a SF gif I made a while back which I think is pretty cool. Obviously by 'made' I don't mean I designed Ryu and Ken, I mean I captured, edited and composed this animation, which was fiddlier than you would imagine

Any ways here it is, if any1 wants to nick it for any purpose, go ahead

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes, They got them hoppy legs & twitchy little noses,
And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 03:03
I got my street fighter sig, if it causes any more problems I'll take it off though.

2D Fighting game in Progress
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 03:20 Edited at: 27th Jun 2003 03:21
This is my favourite SF (Ryu/Ken) pics.. EVER

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 03:24 Edited at: 27th Jun 2003 03:25
Worst excuses for losing at the arcade:

1. "That's cheap!"
2. "What? I was blocking..."
3. "This joystick is f*cked up..."
4. "You throw too much..."
5. "I haven't played this game in so long..."
6. "That's bull$hit..."
7. "All you do is the same moves over and over..."
8. "Hey, I didn't know you could do that..."
9. "Okay... Now I'm ready to start trying..."
10. "I didn't mean to do that..."
11. "This game is stupid..."
12. "I pressed that button I swear!"
13. "I was supposed to jump..."
14. "I didn't mean to pick that character anyway..."
15. "Ahh, wrong color/outfit..."
16. "This isn't the side that I'm use too".
17. "Ok, that time I wasn't really being serious, but now I am".
18. "I couldn't hear..."
19. "My hands were sweating..."
20. "Ahhh, you won because of LAG... Ohh wait a second, we're at the arcade!". 

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 03:28 Edited at: 27th Jun 2003 03:29
lol I've heard those lines so many times.

21. "What the heck"
22. "This game is ****** up!"
23. "Only reason you beat me is cause you play more"
24. "You've got the cheapest character"

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 03:33
Separated at Birth: lmao!

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 03:36
who knows

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 04:26
All you do is the same moves over and over...

and

I was supposed to jump...

were common ones when i played my brother and wailed on his arse

The 3D Modeler's Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3dModeler/
The Unofficial DB Software Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dbsgroup/
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 04:36
I was always owning all my friends with characters like blanka,ryu,ken,and blanka.

"YOU'RE CHEATING!"
I don't know why, but I must've been so good my friends thought I was cheating at the arcade.(are there even cheats?)

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 06:26
It's classic. People will take any way of actually winning and say it's cheap if you use it too much. That's the reason people dis campers (who are the smart ones) in games. In Rune multiplayer, people scream if you use Runes, go Berserk (even though you can't help it), kill people when they're climbing, picking something up, jumping, falling, etc-- it's stupid.

Of course, in Counterstrike you're instantly called 'sTuPid F/-\G' if you kill, defend, die, jump, fall, throw, fire, watch, walk, run, or twitch, so I suppose it isn't the worst possible.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Note to self: NEVER get Counterstrike. *twitch* *twitch*

I would die instantly, I'm not a good 3D player in games like that ^^...

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 07:29
Counterstrike is nice , considering:
1. i dun play online.
2. i play with my office buddies, and i would instantly knows who calls me "fag" and i replied back "up yours"! lmao!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 16:49
Annoyingly, the only people who ever beat me at beat-em-ups, are the random button basher never played before types - oh well lol

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes, They got them hoppy legs & twitchy little noses,
And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 21:24
Quote: "Annoyingly, the only people who ever beat me at beat-em-ups, are the random button basher never played before types - oh well lol "

They don't have to spend any time thinking, so they sort-of have a speed advantage.
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 22:35
Quote: "Annoyingly, the only people who ever beat me at beat-em-ups, are the random button basher never played before types - oh well lol"

I know EXACTLY what you mean... ohh too well ...

[url][/url]
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 01:10
I've been there, the game in case was DOA2 Hardcore.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 12:30
hehe Glad its not just me then

DOA games are all quite easy to win button bashing, which is a shame, as skilled players together can be amazing to watch, I love the blocking system

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 13:19 Edited at: 28th Jun 2003 13:21
don't mind me i just wanted a pointless post to test my new sig piccy...

[edit]
spelt it wrong, hopefully it'll update now

I pride myself that i don't kill...
well not without a good reason
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 13:50
wonder why only gif's seem to retain thier transparency online

I pride myself that i don't kill... well not without a good reason
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 06:02
Dude! I like that 100% better than the frankenstein pillow-cases...

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 00:10
nice

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 01:38
theres asian gangs in australia just lurking every street fighter machine ready and willing to shorten your dollar coin go into a few seconds of pain..

Ive been in that situation after a big night out high as a kite on something naughty only to find my game over within seconds of starting.

I hate the kids that dont ask to join multiplayer they slip in a coin and then thrash the pants off you, I just wait for them to start another game and scare them out of the arcade parlour with a few words in their ear about how im going to use them as a dance dance now mat.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 01:40
kanga what program did you use to create the gif.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 16:52
Jasc Animation Shop 1, free with PSP5 It does the job

jeffmosesuk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 18:15
Virtua Fighter Series has been best in my view. SF2 is too easy just to cheesly do constant fireballs or jump-kick-sweep combos.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 20:45
I like Virtua Fighter (especially 2+4) a lot. Unfortunately tho it is still prone to button bashing syndrome - A player playing Jacky and repeatedly tapping punch and kick can do alsorts of annoyingly good combos randomly

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 23:04
i like fighters destiny on the N64 for more skilled fighting than random key bashing

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 00:57
Let's not forget Super Smash Brothers.Stayed up almost all night once playing with my friends. I also enjoyed Mortal Combat 2 for the PC, but unfortuantley I could never beat that 4 arm guy.(what was his name?)

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:04
There are various four armed mutants in the Mortal Kombat series, Goro was the main dude Baaaad claymation

And yes, I liked Fighters Destiny a lot - despite no1 else seeming to - first Paper Mario, then this, I guess we are just eclectic Nintendoids Raven

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:10
Goro, that's it. That guy would jump in the sky and pound you to the ground. The only fighters I could make it up to him were reptile, subzero, and scropion.(ah those were good days )
Anyone tried out mortal combat deadly alliance? Now that I'm getting all these memories, I think I'll look into that.
Tekkan just couldn't cut it for me.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:34 Edited at: 1st Jul 2003 01:36
Deadly Alliance is Ok, much better than 4. Personally tho I think that Mortal Kombat 2 was the best in the series, the best version being the Arcade original, you can download and play it on MAME Mortal Kombat Trilogy was also cool, the Saturn and PSX versions were excellent, but the loading times were quite high, especially PSX.

If you really want a decent, hardcore 3d beat-em-up, nothing really touches Virtua Fighter 4, or for general mentallness and a true 3d game, Powerstone II rocks I still love the new 2D fighters from Marvel and SNK though

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:44
Also, check out Soul Calibre 2. The gamecube version lets you play as Link! Must have slipped out of smash bros for some serious action

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:55
Soul Calibre 1 on Dreamcast was excellent, not played the sequel. Although again its very easy to loose to a button basher

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 04:07
Quote: "as skilled players together can be amazing to watch, I love the blocking system "

You ain't kidding there, I've filled up a 6 hour tapes of just me and a friend going at it, one in DOA2 and 2 in Super Smath Bros. I also taped me vs 3 level nine guy all on one team in SSB, I removed the audio cord and replaced it with the PS2 playing a cd of mine. It all adds up to a six hour tape of 3 on 1 action with adrenaline pumping beats.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 04:58
Quote: "I guess we are just eclectic Nintendoids Raven"

yup ... oddly enough i'm not exactly the easiest person to get to love a game, i like most games ... but for me to love them i actually takes a great deal - so it is unusal to love Paper Mario and Fighters Destiny

there are a few others like Blast Corps and Conker's Bad Fur Day - alot of people just didn't like them ... but i thought they rocked

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 07:05
soul caliber mmmm that game is very cool but my bro with cervantes is hard to put down

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 10:22
Blast Corps was the most original game the N64 had. It had a simple plot: clear a path for a run away nuclear carrier any way you can. Most of the time is was to destroy building, fun stuff.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 23:58
I really liked blast corps Not too keen on Conker tho, I just didn't find it funny, and Rares 3d platform games always lacked something not sure what. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad as such, they're quite good in fact - but I just never really played one I enjoyed as much as Mario64.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 03:32
I like Conker's, it was the only 3D platform game I've played that wasn't oviously trying copy Mario 64, While on the topic of the 64, is it just me or is Perfect Dark the best console FPS ever? Sure the story blew but who cares about that? I've spent way more time in the mutiplayer which is where the game really shines.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 03:37
I enjoyed tha banjo kazzoie(or however u spell it) series.
Rare games were always good, unfortuantley there company was bought out by microsoft(x-box), and I don't have an x-box.Tough luck I guess.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 03:54
Arrow i always felt Goldeneye's Multiplayer was better than PD's - dunno think it was the selection of weapons and levels that made it better.

but yeah i've yet to play a game on any system which matchs Perfect Dark as just outstanding
i wouldn't worry yellow, although Mircosoft own Rare now ... they're not exactly planning on releasing many games on it - currently only one is planned to be made and finished and it is almost complete, although PD2 is in development it was for the XBox and everything cept the artwork is in Hiatas ... the company though they were truely betrayed by Nintendo though, as they were sold to Microsoft before they even realised they were up for sale - let alone have any actual say in the matter. The long standing disagreement with the fact that Nintendo wanted a bloody cutsie game from them and ultimately it flopped - Starfox Dino Adventure wansn't bad, but it just wasn't thier style.
Nintendo blamed them for the flop, they also were still making Rare remember they weren't too happy about Conker's Bad Fur Day and all the swearing, innuism and vulgarity it had throughout.

Not to be funny but i wouldn't be surprised if Rare tried something to break thier contract to microsoft or just waited until they could buy themselves out, then go PC-CD... they've now got alot of Win32 & DirectX knowlage, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

truely a company i feel sorry for right now, as the Nintendo fans feel they abandoned Big-N ... they don't wanna work for Microsoft, but they now wouldn't go back to Big-N even if they had the chance.
Dark days for this once great british development company

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 14:33
Its a shame about the Rare/Nintendo situation, and I personally also agree Rare probably aren't too happy to be at Microsoft. I used to love Rare games, but I have felt their recent games to be somewhat lacking - there certainly wasn't any heart behind SFA and I thought Conkers just felt like more an attempt to hit out at theiir frustration with Nintendos cutesy leanings. Goldeneye was probably the best Rare game imo,. Perfect Dark, whilst still being cool and very well designed, just doesn't habve the atomsphere for me, and the multiplayer feels slightly wrong, not sure why - maybe cos I played Goldeneye so much

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 17:34
with PD the Multiplayer was definately different, it was so hard to pinpoint why though - i mean in essence it was identical.

The game as a whole was pretty quality though, especially if you had the 4mb update ... i mean christ reflective floors and such were something that were just unheard of back then
plus a console game that used 640x480 rather than 320x240 - that was certainly pretty novel too.

I have a feeling they're putting thier heart&soul into Perfect Dark2 though ... Kameo also does seem to look pretty sweet
hey did you know what Rare was sold, Nintendo kept thr rights to Starfox - Rare can no longer make anymore Starfox games

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 22:06
Yeah I thought they would, I mean it was originally a Nintendo franchise anyway, originally they got Argonaught to make a SF game, then did one inhouse, then Rare, and now NAMCO of all people are making the new one! Its looking pretty nice though, Kinda like the never actually released StarFox2 but with obviously vastly improved graphics

Perfect Dark did look very impressive in high res with the RAMCART you're right Shame most people didn't have one

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2003 02:05
hehe.. (^_^) i don't think i could've lived without one, the Big-N one was like £35 though, ridculous ... so i got the Quickshot one £15 hehee

i can't wait for PD2 though, gonna be bloody outstanding - and i like the gameplay the sexy lil Kameo

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 12:58
Yeah 35quid was ridiculous, but I remember paying over 150quid for 4 meg of RAm for a 386 once lol I always think Console manufacturers shouldn't release upgrades for their hardware, as it creates a divide in the userbase over which software they can and can't use, I mean, I've seen numerous upgrades fail for N64, Saturn, Megadrive etc and whilst they have seriously improved the system performance and had great games, its very difficult to push to the mass market, kinda makes people insulted that their existing hardware isn't good enough Maybe Nintendo should have gone the way of the SFX and SVP cartridges and included chips in the carts of specific games and made them more expensive - then people would have felt they were paying extra for an "extra hi-tech" game (expensive and inpractical, but I think Jo public would have preferred it)

Yes I'm looking forward to Kameo, Perfect Dark II and all new Rare games, I really hope they can pull themsleves back up to the standards we were used too

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 20:07
i don't think the upgrade divided the community though, it was pretty awesome if you asked me as many titles had a use-it / don't use-it option ... very very few required it, most which did actually came with one, albeit they were like £10 more expensive but that was a fair price for a piece of kit normally £30.

if the upgrades are done right, then rather than dividing the community they could seriously improve how they operate - it is just a pitty they never released the DiscDeck, because that was an awesome upgrade - Second 64bit Processor, another 4mb Ram, Disc Cart Slot, 56kbps Modem... was a stunning edition to the console, and in power terms it was on par with a P2-233 w/SLi Voodoo2 w/32Mb Ram oki so by todays standards thats weak, but for then it was just unbelieveably powerful.

oh well the Japs have never been confident in our market and we've never been confident in thiers. Silly really though.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 21:11
I agree that it didn't completely kill the community, but those without a RAM cart got fuzzier and jerkier games and felt hard done by - I remember many a complaint in magazines. Of course I had a RAM cart since it came with DK64 so I didn't mind

Yeah I would haved loved for that drive to have been released, sweeeeet upgrade

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 23:55
I think on the alternative of the SFIIs, i kinda enjoy JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and the Gundam Battle Assault

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 23:59
oh yea almost forgot, SF3 is ain't that bad (despite that *almost* every online reviews doesn't really prefer it to the Alpha series)

maybe i'm just a loyal fan of capcom's games since err.. damn, i forgot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 04:51:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 04:51:11