Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Strike Down [X10] (56k warning!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 01:54 Edited at: 20th Feb 2008 02:10
Strike Down
Modern Day First Person Shooter
FPSC X10 Project

Story- (very straight forward story, because I'm trying to keep this game simple, focusing more on fun gameplay and custom graphics, than an in-depth storyline.)

Basically, you follow the life of one soldier who thinks he has the strength and courage to try and take on a whole army of terrorists. The terrorists are thinking of setting up bombs full of deadly chemicals around all of the popular landmarks in the US and the UK so that large amounts of civilians are killed when the bombs are detonated. You, playing as the single soldier, are sent in to fight the terrorists through cities, warehouses, offices, and eventually finding their secret hideout and lab where the bombs are being produced.

As you can see by the above storyline (If you can call it one), there really isn't much, but that is the point.

Eventually, I may port this game over to the original FPSC (X9), but by then, most people's computers will be ready to handle X10.
_________

For weapons, the following guns are being used:

Knife - starting melee weapon, just in case you run out of all your other ammo.

Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum - basic sidearm. This six-shot revolver packs a punch and can take down most terrorists (not counting armored ones) with one shot.

Uzi SMG - Fast firing sub-machine gun that will allow you to move and shoot quickly in tight corners. Best used for CQB (Close Quarters Battle)

M4 Commando - Powerful assault rifle with good range. This weapon will allow you to shoot foes quickly from far away.

FN SPR 90 - Sniper Rifle that can pick off enemies without getting you in the line of enemy fire. Ammo is rare, but very valuable

Maybe's = shotgun, rocket launcher, but I'm not sure if these will be implemented.

News and Info-
February 16th- the thread has been created, and some minor things for the game have been completed. (a few retextures, basic map outlines, and some concept art)
February 17th- got a few more screenshots posted and some more map-work for the game.
February 18th- Posted a gameplay video and some more planning was done for the game.

Custom Media-
Terrorist character-
concept art and model:
-->

Screenshots-

Older Screenshots:

Here are just a few screenshots, still a bit early in development though.

New Screenshots:

:::NEW VIDEO:::
Here is a new gameplay video,

That's all for now folks...

-Brian

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 02:36
Lookin' good!

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 04:34
Nice PC!

[img][/img]
Go to Elite OPS Terrorstike in the Showcase.
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 07:52
Great looking, i might check it out when you port it to x9.

Footsteps W.I.P
Trala'em Goes Oblivion (TES IV Mod)
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a screenshot of the newest feature for the game.

Iron Sights!

Just figured out how to make my own iron sights for my game. I put them in just for the M4 (Commando) for now, but I may add them to the other weapons eventually.

That's it for now,
-Brian

nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 17:42
Nice looking!! First time i see Iron Sights in FPSC!

Footsteps W.I.P
Trala'em Goes Oblivion (TES IV Mod)
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comment.

And just to let everyone know, the FPSC X9 version will be started as soon as the X10 version is done. It will contain all of the same level designs, enemies, extra features (ironsights, etc.) as well as the same textures and models.

-Brian

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 23:10
Very nice looking, defo looks fun! : D Glad to see your not pwning the FPSX10 stock but have a few little touches of your own (Characters, ironsight)

I think those cliff segments in the first few pics have some nasty edges though. Mabye you should fix that.

Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in Hell!
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 23:15
Although my interest dropped a bit when you said you'd not focus as much on the storyline, the video alone (probably much because of the ragdolls) made me interested again. Looks like a nice project!
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 23:19
Try scrolling upwards while in your sights...

[img][/img]
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 23:20
i was a bit disapointed n the ragdoll. They seemed to fall VEEEEERRRRRRYYYYYY slowly.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 00:06
its good, and ill let you slide for using some one elses texture for you're walls, and dont try and say you made them, because i have them on my cp as well, but good luck with the game

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 00:23
Bloodeath, it's comments like that that make people want to leave the forum. I haven't seen one new thread without a "You stole that" in it somewhere is some form. Please cut it out or deal with it via email.

[img][/img]
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 00:25 Edited at: 21st Feb 2008 00:26
Quote: "Bloodeath, it's comments like that that make people want to leave the forum. I haven't seen one new thread without a "You stole that" in it somewhere is some form. Please cut it out or deal with it via email."

alright well first of all, i know what im talking about, becuase like i said i have the texture, second of all, if he wants to leave because he used a texture for his game that isnt his, then idc, because thats dumb. if he wants to leave thats his choice, but all i had said was that wasnt his texture. im not like holding a grudge because of it, becuase it is a nice texture to use.

maybe you havent seen a thread without a pirate aware post on it, because everyone on these forums are having a hay day with other peoples work.

edit

for you're deal with it via email. no i wont deal with it via email. ill deal with it here in his forum, because he probably checks this forum more than his email.

Death has no end
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 00:51
This place is becoming more of a witch hunt every day. People are being flamed without any reason and accused without solid 100% accurate proof. Thats what I'm saying.
Quote: "if he wants to leave because he used a texture for his game that isnt his, then idc, because thats dumb"
Really, well I was referring to people like D13 and Coffee Grunt but he might leave too although I doubt it.

[img][/img]
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 00:54
Quote: "This place is becoming more of a witch hunt every day"

well more and more witches keep popping up around here thats why

Death has no end
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 00:58
Or maybe its just because most of the non-witches have left

[img][/img]
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 02:31
Ok, enough arguing.

Try adding some gaussian blur to the ends of the site, to make it appear closer to the eye.

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 02:46
It's already able to zoom in 10x though... I hate how you can't adjust that.

[img][/img]
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 04:15 Edited at: 21st Feb 2008 04:15
Thanks for that AaronG, and I will take your idea and try it out.

At Bloodeath,

First of all, I never claimed that those textures were my own. I know that they aren't mine and I wouldn't say they are. I made sure that all textures that I do use in my game are perfectly legal to use in non-commercial and commercial games. I apologize for this misunderstanding, and I would appreciate it if you would not always assume that all media that is not the property of the user is considered pirated or stolen.

Thanks,
-Brian

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 04:22
no no no. the reason of my pointing that out is, because well, when i have someone look at my game i point those kind of things out, so people wont be like " hey i loved what you did with those textures, models etc etc.". to avoid confusion. Its also like, when someone wants to review you're work in these forums its a nice piece of knowledge to have.

But like i had originally said
Quote: "
its good, and ill let you slide for using some one elses texture for you're walls, and dont try and say you made them, because i have them on my cp as well, but good luck with the game"

i didnt mean in it like OMG YOU PIRATER BURN IN HELL! or anything like that, i was just pointing out the fact that they arnt you're textures.
And also like i said i have it on my fpsc also, its an ace texture. But i thought it wasnt seemless, so i never used, it.

I apologize for bogging up you're forum with the posts. But i was directing my original post to you, not slayer, he just got me a little angry so i felt the need to rant.

Death has no end
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 04:32
Quote: "But i was directing my original post to you, not slayer, he just got me a little angry so i felt the need to rant."
People don't point out every thing you didn't make in your games so you shouldn't do that to them. I'm sorry I angered you, I was just saying you shouldn't be so harsh. No offence intended.
Slayer_2

[img][/img]
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 22:59
We all kissed and made up?

Back to C&C for the game please ; /

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 03:18
No, I don't kiss dudes.

OK, that texture needs work

[img][/img]
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
which texture needs work Slayer?

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 04:10 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2008 04:13
The terrorist one, at some parts it looks like pure gray (mainly the arms but the vest too in some places). I know you bought the texture but if you can you should try improving it. I would help you if I owned a copy. Also, you should try adding a normal map too so it looks better and blends in better with the other media.
Slayer_2
P.S. Try turning physics on for those logs ok? if you get it right, it could be very cool looking. Also, make their physics weight over 3000 (4000 is probably good) and it will look really cool. Also make them float well so if they fall into the water they float well.

[img][/img]
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait I bought the textures? No, no, you must have it wrong. I'm the one who made that terrorist texture. Check it out here- :CLICK ME:
Also , if you look closely at the close up of the character (next to the concept art) you can see that it isn't just solid colors.

Good idea for the logs. I will try that and see how it works.

Thanks,
-Brian

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 07:26
Oh, you must have changed your Avatar. I might have bought it if it was normal mapped and the arms didn't looks so plain, but it's still better than I could do. Why'd that dude say you copied then?

[img][/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:24:08