Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Installing Sparky in DGDK for Dummies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I just recently found DGDK, it's really cool and I love how easy and flexible it is. Everyone's been raving about sparky's dll the only problem is I have no idea how to install it with C++ 2008.

Now I don't want to shift the focus of this forum from DGDK to C++ but I've searched the forums and haven't found anything explaining how to get the library installed for DGDK noobies. I could use some help and I'm sure soon enough there will be more people asking the same question. So thanks and I can't wait to try it out.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 15:49
Personally - I don't mind when DarkGDK forum goes into the C++ or .Net topics - its all related to me.

Sparky's DLL for DarkGDK. Yup. Good Move. Personally - I consider Sparky's such a staple - I copied the LIB to the c:\program files\the game creators\darkgdk\lib directory - (what ever its named - where all the DarkGDK lib's are. Similiarly - I copied the sparky header file SC_Collision.h to the DarkGDK include directory with the DarkGDK.h file.

This way I simply use like the DarkGDK stuff - the directories are all set up already for each DarkGDK project - and I go with a simple:

#include <SC_Collision.h>

Good Luck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:40:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:40:15