Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Wall Collision Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I've asked this in my "answered post" and I'm asking this again in hope that someone could help me out hehe

ive been experimenting with the sliding collision from sparky's example. i changed this code
with this code
(i know it's a sorry excuse for an accelerating object but i just want to show or did a work around for acceleration since im running out of time)

but to my surprise, the sphere goes through the walls or it climbs the walls occasionally at a certain speed. ive initialized acc for double btw (if anyone would asked)

what to do kind sirs?
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 17:57
Uh, I really haven't look that sparky's example, but just guessing I'd tell that the 'acc' value for dbMoveObject gets too high, and the object advances beyond those walls due to that...
Kira
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks! ill look that up (when in collision, the speed will gradually decrease then)

any other suggestions and/or idea?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:31:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:31:17