Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Executables won't run

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry this is the second time I wrote this because it didn't appear on the forum the first time.
My problem is I can't run a dGdk program from the debug file made by visual studio. All my direct x stuff is installed correctly and it runs fine in the ide.
thanks

I, Pariah
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 18:03
youre still on post approvale status, you wont see your posts until they are approved. I deleted the double post.

[href]mod2software[/href]
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 18:05
I don't do that ever. Have you tried making a release version of your program and try running the release?

Don't forget in both cases (release or debug mode) - if you run the EXE directly - you want to copy the EXE up one directory - so its "like" the environment in the compiler... files/media will be seen the same way etc.

compiler puts exe's in debug or release dirs but the "Working Directory" is the one above it.

sum1nil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Jason, that worked perfectly. It also makes since since my x models were in the higher level(working directory). Thanks again.

I, Pariah

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:32:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:32:33