Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Trouble installing Dark GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

ok i downloaded the DarkGDK.exe ran the program, extracted the files.
Then when it had finished it said i need to download and install
Microsoft DirectX 9.0 August 2007.
i have November 2007 and i am confused as to why that does not work also when i tried to download DX August 2007 it froze half way through.
Another problem im having is that i already have the latest version of directX and it would be big waste of memory to have two different directX versions. you cant uninstall directX or rather i dont know how to
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 00:29
You just downloaded a Development language. Having the Latest doesn't help you link your program. Do as the instructions say in the read me and the stickies. Follow to the letter.

Zumwalt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 06:15
First, August 2007 was the last version that included Direct Play, now, there are only 19 library files in November 2007, vs 24 in August 2007 which are used by Dark GDK. Now on to another thing to note, in August 2007 you have 91 header files, but in November 2007 you have 60, which is a HUGE difference. Simply put, November is missing tons of things that August has, which is actually on purpose by MS. They want to get rid of a few things they consider legacy, but are actually highly usefull commands.

I have this thing working in VS2008 Professional very smoothly. There is a reason why you have to use August 2007, and if you just have November's installed, well, frankly, the 2D won't work at all and the 3D is missing definitions. As was stated earlier, follow the install directions to a T to understand how it works in the free version of C++, then later, if you own VS2008 Professional, you should easily be able to set it up and configure it to work, if I can do it, anyone can, just ask some of the peeps in this forum about my skill set, I am an amature.
Moss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 08:45
I'm having the same problem as Reegan. Every time I try to download the august sdk, it stops at 467 mb when its supposed to be 468 mb. I've tried downloading using both Firefox and ie and still can't download the whole thing. I did manage to successfully download the November one, but, as stated, that doesn't work... Anyone have the same problem and solve it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:32:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:32:27