Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with controling animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I finally got my animations to work in dbpro so I can now get going on my project

Why does the hide object command not work in an if statment?
How can I tell the game to play certain animations for certain actions like running, jumping, punching, etc

Is the easy animations code pack worth buying?

Besides these please tell my what else I should know about this subject
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 19:16
Quote: "
Why does the hide object command not work in an if statment?
"
Why didn't you post the code so we could see what is wrong with it? You CAN use a hide object command in an IF Statement.

Quote: "How can I tell the game to play certain animations for certain actions like running, jumping, punching, etc
"
You need to know where the "animation" Start Frame and End Frame Are (what they are) so You can loop that portion of the model's animation data to get the results you want.

Quote: "Besides these please tell my what else I should know about this subject"

Learn About Timer Based Movement - as it applies to how you can control animations based on the "Time" versus Looping - allows smoother control - also that Animation FRames are not INTEGER they are FLOATS so looping from 1.5 to 10.7 is valid.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 10:26:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 10:26:12