Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Professional Web Design

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 13:54
I am thinking of making a site dedicated to professional web design. I'll sell templates, backgrounds etc really cheaply, and also have free website stuff.
Is this a good idea? If you had some spare money would you buy from me?
If you notice this notice you'll notice that this notice is not really a notice!
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 15:26
nope i am a web designer my self, well the CTO of a multi national web design and hosting comapny actually.

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 16:24
Indeed not either - I design my own too...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 19:25
freeguistuff.com - free!

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 20:52
Most people who design webs don't like to use other peoples templates, they like to design their own. I, being a web designer, have never paid for templates because they are usually too restrictive to the page layout.

I have however commisioned professional cartoonists to produce characters for use on specific websites that won't be used anywhere else.

There are far too many websites providing FREE templates, backgrounds, graphics. You would have to be a very special type of person to think you can make money.

I think you are just after people paying you for sticking a few graphics on your site (probably not even your own work). Your previous posts are always about making money like your life depended on it!

Why not do your website with everything for free so people can see the quality of your work. Maybe later on you could charge.

Don't do drugs kids. There is a time and place for everything. It's called college.
Programmer Dave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 04:27
i am going to have free stuff, and loads of it. i've already made 60 backgrounds i'm going to give away for free, about 30 banners, 5 buttons and 2 templates.

If you notice this notice you'll notice that this notice is not really a notice!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 06:46
Do all the web design myself
http://www.delvarworld.com

Darken the skies, we are god
http://www.DelvarWorld.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 02:44:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 02:44:00