Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Simple guide to adding and linking limbs ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is not covered in any of the tutorials as far as I can see so...

Create three spheres, large, medium and small diameter and link them so the small sits on top of the medium which sits on top of the large. ( simple enough to visualise I hope ) and such that they can then be moved as one.

Whats the sequence, from creating the 3 spheres, to the final fully linked 3 objects ?

Messing round with the add/link limb commands etc to the best of my knowledge has not yet produced anything.

Thanks
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 15:18
Have you scoped out the Machine Demo? That has many linked things - and I read something about how you can make a joint stiff or not - so I'm thinkning get them linked forst - then see what you have to do to make the link stiff.

(Are you making a snowman intending to blast him to pieces? Thats Mean )

theagg
Years of Service
User Offline
Machine Demo ?

Where is that at then ?

Snowman, yep, I am up to where Pixar was 15 years ago or therabouts....
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 15:59
Ahhh SHOOT - Thats a DarkPhysics DEMO - I GOOFED.... To Many Forums so little time hahha ... Seriously - Sorry.

Um... I think I know YOUR problem.

First Off - There are two ways to do it - Offset or As Is.

Offset - you add limb - then Offset it.
As Is - the TRICK HERE is to Put your OBJECT at position 0,0,0 NOT Rotated and THEN Position The 2nd Object where you Want it - Then ADD the limb. Now you can move the object and the limb will follow.

Experiment - as there are reasons one may choose to do either way.

ALSO - VanB and soem other local gurus have said in the past that sometimes the ORDER you add limbs can effect stuff - so if it acts weird remember that the order you add the LIMBS MIGHT Hose ya! depends on what you're doing because I haven't seen that problem yet - but like I said - reliable sources say - "Careful" "Be-Aware"

Sorry about machine demo mix up... There are linked joints in Dark Physics.... Nonmenclature spillover

theagg
Years of Service
User Offline
Code example for creating one sphere and adding another sphere to it as a limb that will then move with it ?

I've tried using add + offset + link but then get confused with some of the variables and id's needed within each command ( parent, child, object id's and their relations to each other etc )

plus do I need to first create the sphere for example, then turn it into a mesh ( as seems the way with the dark basic examples I found )

Hmm ?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 17:34 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2008 17:36
No - you dont have to make into mesh first - there is a make limb from object command - but either way is fine.
[edit]
I did read your question but cant get into some source - but I think you should be able to find somethign in here - code base etc. (Not is position to answer right this moment but I want email notices hence the post)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:38:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:38:49