Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Encrypting Media Files???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 22:30 Edited at: 27th Jun 2003 22:31
Hi,

I would be grateful if anyone could spare the time to help me with my query.

Basically I don't want users to be able to access my images with paintshop etc.

I'm having problems encrypting my media files(ie bitmaps) when I compile my source code.
For simplicities sake, I have a background bitmap 640x480 pixels and a small white sprite square 20x20 pixels. The white square moves around the screen with keyboard commands.

If I compile as a normal exe and manually have my images in the same folder, it works perfectly.

However if I include the images using the media tag, specify an installer type exe and ask it to encrypt the images the problems start.

That is, the images are encrypted , but the white block sprite now is larger than the background bitmap . I have to choose installer type exe as this appears to be the only way to make new encrypted images. If I encrypt with a normal exe it uses my original non-encrypted images.

Whoa I hope I'm explaining this OK.

So, can anyone help? Am I using the best method for doing this and am I missing something really obvious?? Probably!!

Thanks everyone.
Eckker

Eckker
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I may have waffled a bit too much in my original post. What I'm basically asking is how is the best way to encrypt my images with Darkbasic.

The forums over at gamedev have advised adding a string in front of every image file and removing it when I load the bitmap.

Does anybody know how this works specifically?

Thanks again everyone.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:33:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:33:17