Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [DBC] My untitled game

Author
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 01:36 Edited at: 29th Feb 2008 16:40
This game is called MAZE-O-MANIA. This is the beta version of level 1. To run it either use DarkBASIC or DarkEDIT, whichever one you like.

Here are some screens of the level:

BIRDS-EYE VIEW mode

The ReadMe file is included in the .zip and it tells you of the glitches so far. They're not bad glitches, but it's still a glitch all the same.

So please download and tell me what you think!!

Yodaman Jer

Thanks BigAdd!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 01:54
You really should give more info about what the game is all about and how to play. Since you have declared that there is no defined goal, I wonder if it is really ready for posting as a WIP.

I would work hard on the control of the 'player sphere', as I found it impossible to jump to the nearby platform. The movement is simply too quick up and down. Since I didn't make it to another platform I can't comment on the camera perspective. Also, the 'world' is too small from what I could tell.

Good luck with it.

LB
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 05:13 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 05:15
You're right, all I did was give info about how to run it really...

The goal is to get to the end of the level while collecting jewels.
I did not add jewels yet because I have not decided what kind of jewels to add, but anyway to get to the end of the end of the level you have to jump from platform-to-platform, some of which are the obvious ones to go on but are difficult to reach. So it requires some thinking and strategy. I'm also going to add enemies that when you touch, you lose a life. Of course that will apply to if you fall too. While I like the level, I'm not even sure if that's the final layout I want. I can envision it in my head perfectly, but the problem is I can't get it out of my head and into a game fast enough.

Quote: "
I would work hard on the control of the 'player sphere', as I found it impossible to jump to the nearby platform. The movement is simply too quick up and down."

The controls I thought were pretty good. I've looked at it and I thought it was rather easy. But a programmer who knows what you're supposed to do and how to do it can play the game expertly I suppose, so that's why I need a tester. TO suggest ideas that might work out better in the long run. Maybe changing how high the player jumps when space is pressed....*faceslap*.
GAHHHH!!!! I forgot to include the ReadMe file that told you how to play, didn't I? GAHH, I hate it when I do that!

Ok, a quick run down...
you move the player by using the arrow keys, and to jump you press "space". To puase, press "P". To un pause, press space, but you have to hold it down for a second. If you press "T" you get an overhead perspective of the whole level, very useful if you want to see where you need to go to next.
Sorry about that, I thought I zipped that in, too....

Quote: "Also, the 'world' is too small from what I could tell."

The "world" has only 7 platforms so far, so it's only about 5% done, really. I plan on having at least 50 more, but I'd really like to shoot for only 30. But according to my design on grid paper that I did, that's not how it's going to work out.

If you need any more information, please tell me. That's about all I have to say on it though, until I add more to it. I still haven't got a good name for, but I'm thinking about it...

Thanks BigAdd!!
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 16:10
OK, this game has advanced so much in production. I completely changed the layout of the level, and have now added lives, coins and sound effects, but no music. There's still no end of the level, but what I have so far shows you what the game is all about.
I will edit my original post so that it has a screen shot and the correct file to download. I will also include the readme file this time.

Thanks BigAdd!!
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 22:04
So has anyone tried it out yet? My last post I posted when their had only been 93 views, and now there are 150.

If you've downloaded the game, please tell me what you think.

I really need to know what your opinion is and would greatly appreciate it.

I have only one update to post: I added another platform that is supposed to move when you collect a certain amount of coins. There's just the problem of getting the collision box to follow with it...

Can you also tell me how it runs on your PC and post your system specs so that I can find out what the system requirements should be?

Thanks in advance!

Yodaman Jer

Thanks BigAdd!!
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 00:08 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 00:16
Downloading now, I will tell you what I think of it.

Ok, it was good, though the collision was inaccurate and the player was too fast, also next time post an exe.

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 17:56
Thanks Satchmo!

The collision is something that I'm going to work on, right now I've got another glitch that needs attention....

I will post an exe next time. Thanks!

Thanks BigAdd!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:28:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:28:41