Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Suggestions for Eternal Destiny Wanted

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 23:39
Since all of our computers are now fixed (Joy!) we are finnally gonna be able to get some work done! We are trying to get a lot of detail into this game, and we want to make the public happy. For these reasons we would like you guys to give us suggestions for what YOU would like to see in the game! This can be anything from Moving Water, to different weapons!

If you do suggest something, please try to be detailed. This is an example of a weapon suggestion.

Type: Sword

Description: A Large blade, a large hook for a handle and a metal guard blocking the blade from the handle.

Attack (255 Max, Starting Sword has 8) : 15

Cost: 2100

Extra Attributes: Criticle Hit ratio raised by 5 percent.

Or Something like that. If you want to suggest buildings, try to be very detailed. Suggest anything you want, but try to make it clear so we can make it just the way you imagined!

Thanks for helping out,

RPGamer
Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 23:46
Type:Bow

Description: A wooden bow, with smooth edges, and well rounded off.

Attack: (max 200) Starting 15

Cost: 1500

Extra Attributes: %10 attack speed increase.

2D Fighting game in Progress
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2003 23:51
Lol Yellow, sorry I wasnt very clear on the attack part. When I posted I meant the MAX a weapons attack can have is 255. The first weapon you have in the game has an attack of 8 so in conclusion you must make the weapon inbetween 8 and 255

Got that everyone?

the MAX a weapons attack can have is 255. The first weapon you have in the game has an attack of 8 so in conclusion you must make the weapon inbetween 8 and 255

Cheers

RPGamer

PS Yellow thanks for the reply

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 00:13
Alright make the attack 30 then.

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 00:36
Type: realistic tides

Description: So there are places sometimes covered by water, and sometimes not.

Remark: Usualy there is a high tide every 12 hours (not exactly but near), and a low tide six hours after every high tide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Type: Lightning stick

Description: It should be like a crook, that sends out a lightning strike when you have enough magical power. (It could kill or fire up things like wood)

Cost: 34000

Extra attributes: %10 accuracy of magical attacks

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
Redostrike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 00:42
Type: Mist (Forest)

Description: Some kind of mist effect would be cool. You can even make a place called mist forest or something.
(Mist how does it look well like mist).

Extra's: A Mist dragon. He is black whit red eyes all coverded by mist. (Ok this may be imposible)

Only heroes live forever.
[url=www.redostrike.tk][/url]
Beatboxing Rulllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 00:59
Here's a good request, send me some character info so I can start on some concept pics for ya.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 01:52
Type: Spell (this game gonna have spells?, if not ignore this post)

Name: The immortal soul

Attack Damage: None(technically)

Description: The characters soul is taken ouf of his body, and produces an exact mirror image of the player's avatar.This image cannot die, and can attack and use the same attacks as the player.

Only lasts 120 seconds.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 02:05 Edited at: 1st Jul 2003 22:50
type: weapen/power-up
name: fire amulet
decription: an amulet (obviously) that can be used to shoot fire.
attack damage: 100
cost: 500
extra: has 20 shots before it has to be refilled or a new one needs to be bought.

---Mattman
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done." Andy Rooney
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 02:15
Type: Spell (necro)

Name: laqueus mens (trap the soul)

Attack Damage: None(technically)

Description: when the targt dies it levs a gem a as a soul fragmet this gem can be ues to cast over spell like fire ball from dragons or strength bones from trolls?

You mean like a book?
Justin Timberlake N Sync.
On what he read this year that he most liked.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 02:56
Name: Celestial Knights of the Emerald Empire (or something)

Type: Royal Treasure Guardians

Description: Basically they are the keepers/security guards of the royal treasure of a royal family of some sort.

Head: Wearing a full face mask (helmet or somthing) with green serpent texture on the center to simulate that as if they have a serpent head. The texture of the mask should be of a shiny green emerald while the eye of the serpent are illuminating in goldish texture. The part of the glass helmet should simulate a translucent diamond texture, to show that their face are fully protected & their viewing area are a transparent as a glass.

Cape: This guardian must have a nightsky leather black cape with golden lining, and it always sways around if movement are occur. It doesn not disrupt their movement nor does it hinders their attacks. In other words, it provides an excellent instant diversion during attack mode.

Body: Their body armor are to be enthrall with green emerald chest plate with the texture of a golden head of a roaring lion on from its chest to its abdomen. The lion's hair lining should be to coverup the remaning of the body all the way to the side & back.

Arms/Legs: These arms/legs should be fully plated with diamond texture from the thigh to the elbow/knee, and from the elbow/knee to the end, it should be covered with again the green emerald plates. Preferably model black boots/gloves with silver texture soles for each leg/hand. As a special feature for the arms/legs, advisable to put the unicorn horns (not too long) on the elbowpad/kneepad as its protective plate.

Shield: Do not make it as simple as a circle model. lol! Design the model of its shield to be in related to the head of an ice mountain dragon. Make it complete with its icy blue horns, waving wiskers made from green lining to simulate green nylons, avenging dragon head made from diamond blue texture with golden eyes. Basically it is to put a revenging icy light blue dragon head in the center of a long thick shield made from emerald texture.

Saber/Sword: The saber mustn't look mean, it should look holy like an Excalibur simulation sword. The entire sword are made from diamond texture to show that it can cut through anything in this world, whild the handle of the sword would be modeled from golden phoenix wings with red ruby as its center of mass.

Full appearence: If they are on guard, nothing happen to their appearence. Once an intruder is sighte by them, thsi is wat happen:

a. The serpent'e eye lights up in red and creates a burning effect.
b. Same goes for the lions eye, except that the body armor also conjurs a sparkling star twinkling effect of green emerald.
c. The unicorn's horn glow in white silverish effect.
d. The dragon armor goes the same effect like the lion.
e. The sword shine brightly in whitish holy effect.

Attack:
a. Majestic Phoenix Sword Attack = Damage 12%++
b. Roaring Dragon Shield Attack = Damage 7%++
c. Summonning the Power of the Mystical Beast Armor = Damage 30%++

Health: 40% more than the hero's full health.

----------------------------------------------------------

So we have here is a medieval bank security guard with full armor of: the head of a serpent, the body of a lion, the arm/legs of a unicorn, the shield of a dragon, and the sword of the phoenix. (u may switch the serpent and the dragon).

Though this may not be within your story or u may not use it, just my idea that u should try putting some novelty and background element of the each character itself, completely everything about them.

Not bad eh?

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 03:46
Wow guys thanks! I just finished reading all them and Ill be chatting with Andy (MnemoniX) to see what we can fit in.

Arrow: Talk to Andy for Bios as long as they didnt get wiped

RPGamer

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 15:24
Rain, lightning and thunder effects. At different points in the game, the weather could change, it would really increase the atmosphere and realism a lot !

If the world is going to be quite big you could have magical/mechanical (I don't know what type of game you are looking at, but it looks magical) warp points/portholes or what ever, that instantly transport you from one place to another, maybe each one only unlocks when you get to them or do something (if you've played Jak and Daxter you'll know what I mean). Or maybe a transportation spell that you can learn or something? It depends on the size of the map and the type of game you are doing, this feature might not be appropriate for your needs.

cuRant PRogekt: a three-de map editer
Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 15:32
Also, judging by your storyline on the website, it sounds like a story with lots of twists, premenitions and magical stuff, you need to have lots of twists in the plot and surprises to have a good storyline (or at least I think so).

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 18:19
type:flying monkeys
Describtion: Type of wild creature monkeys with bat like wings
Place found: Mountain tops
Attitude:Unfriendly

Dark worlds are all around us.Open your eyes and you will see.You are still half asleep
http://destined.to/ukchaoshttp://masterchaos.proboards20.com
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 18:30
Type: Dwarven brewery

Description: It shall be a big brewery, with everything there, that is needed to make good beer, thus it shall not be in the center of a town, but half a mile away from it

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 09:54
Last time I checked (a good month or so) this game was going for a sort of FF7 type of feel, sorta modern fantasy. Not too fantasy or too modern but a nice hybrid of th two.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2003 23:33
Wahoo i can do sumthing without any programming skill
MWHAHAHA FEAR ME!!! ok
Type: Lightining Blade
Desc.: A Long skinny bright blue sword that glows with a lighting shape rune in middle of handle
Attack: Slash 120-132 Lighting Abilty 142-151
Extra: Lightining Bolt takes 10 mp weilder holds up sword a giant lighting bolt hits the Sword then Casted on the enemy
Critical Hit ratio up by 5
Cost: -none- must be found

Exp: .01 Next Rank: 9.99
Hp 1/1 Mp 0/0
aprilfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:00
Are you still using the battle engine by Chainer and Dark Breath???

IF you are and you don't have it then I will give it to you. Sorry! They never said if you wanted it or not... And it still sits on my hard drive, waiting for someone to use it, stupid Dark Breath, I can't believe he just left and never said anything about it to me, just gave me the file and said "if Rpgamer wants it give it to him."

-Anjin san

The Great Schism.- The Earths reaction to Heavons invasion.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:07
Move: Lifeforce
Damage: 50 to enemy +50 to attacker
MP: 10
Description: The player chooses one enemy target and then the player attacks them with some kind of ray that will deal 50 damage.Then 50 damage is transfered to the attacking character.
cost: Maybe this could be learned? If not, it's bought in a scroll for $200, oops I meant 200 gold.

Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 01:13
Got another :-s
Spell: Uknown Chant
MP:25
Does:Randomally does (almost) any move
ACtion:Caster Starts to chant (mumbles) words then shows the spell

Exp: .01 Next Rank: 9.99
Hp 1/1 Mp 0/0
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 13:03
Spell: Unknown $hit
MP:999
Does:Randomally does (almost) any move (and craps everywhere)
Action:Caster Starts to chant (mumbles) words then shows the spell and $hits himself..

You didn’t kick them, you just pushed them with your foot at a very high velocity!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 13:04
sorry, i couldnt help myself..

You didn’t kick them, you just pushed them with your foot at a very high velocity!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 16:10
Sweet guys keep em comin!

Anjin San - I really wanted to use that, but our co-leader didnt agree with me. If I could get a hold of the source, maybe he would agree to using parts of the battle system. Of course, Chainer and Dark Breath would get credit.

Email me TheBedroomProgrammer@hotmail.com if you want to send it.

Thanks

RPGamer

Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 20:03
xxxpetratxxx: sorry could $hit by myself

"Life isnt everthing, its the only thing"
Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 20:08
i think what u ment to say

"Life isnt everthing, its the only thing"
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 20:09
Type: Plot Piece
Description: The Hero's Mother is a witch that is too blame for all the evil in the world but the hero thinks he is fightingfor her but in the end he has to kill her

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 20:15 Edited at: 1st Jul 2003 20:17
Type: Weapon
Name: Double bladed sword
Description: A sword that has two blades, one coming out of each end of the handle. Might need extra animation, but I'm not sure how much you are wanting to do.
Special Attributes: Speed +5%, or whatever.

aprilfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2003 22:17
I'll see what I can do it's the craziest source code I've ever seen but hey I'll send it over.

The Great Schism.- The Earths reaction to Heavons invasion.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 03:39
@Darkfluff: I liked it better when I first heard it in FF8.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 15:09
@Troan:
xxxpetratxxx: sorry could $hit by myself
I dont wish to know what u get up to in your bathroom...

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 15:11
troan, i dont quite like your magic idea.. i mean, randomly does any move? we can't use that in the game

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 19:11
How about randomly does a selection of moves, not moves that you can do anyway, just a selection of new moves.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 23:41
Kinda like Metronome from Pokemon?

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2003 00:34
maybe hamish maybe
what do you think leader?

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 16:31
nooo, this post will not die!

Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 22:45
We are taking all of these suggestions in earnest. All except those directly referring to the plot since the plot has already been written and the entire scenario is going down now. Sry folks. I am glad to see we got such a good turnout here

"We are getting aggravated"
"Yes, we are"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:09:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:09:48