Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Phenom - MP FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 20:09 Edited at: 25th Feb 2008 23:36
I posted a screenshot a few days ago in the TGC gallery, and now I have a website up to show more. A demo will be available soon...

Phenom is a MP FPS being coded in DBPro. If you saw any of my previous games (mainly Dark Realm release 3) then you may notice the shapes of the weapons are similar. But this engine is much better, and has something people were wanting back then... *Bot support*
I've been testing this game at some LAN parties (usually about 10 people) and the game is running smoothly with very little drop in frame rate.

Anyway, on to the website, with screenshots. http://xeridox.com

I'll update the site as often as possible!

Fullsize screenshots now available, just click on the images on the site.

Phenom - FPS WIP
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 04:28 Edited at: 26th Feb 2008 05:14

Looks great! I can't wait to play, though a little more info on the game would be nice(game modes, arenas etc.). It looks visually great, you're using shaders, they look really nice. Some full res screens would be nice.

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 05:16
Looks really good. I am making working on a mp fps myself.(though there are still alot of bugs). Yours has sort of a quake feel to it which is awesome.
1 question are you using Dbp's regular multiplayer commands or a plug-in?
Keep it up.
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 01:07
I am using the Tempest plugin for UDP, Sparky's collision DLL mixed with some DBPro Intersect object for collision, DarkLights for lightmapping, and mental mill for weapon and non-lightmapped object shaders.

Current: working on some optimization.

Next: all weapons have the same shader/texture applied, so next is to make each weapon look unique.

Yes, I am trying for a Quake3 feel mixed with some Unreal 3 like graphics.

Future: Vehicles, jump pads, teleports, CTF, more maps and player models, lots of other stuff I can't think of right now.

I have several to-do lists piled on my home workstation right now, and I'm slowly moving through them. I'm having another LAN party the 8th of march, so I'm trying to push a demo by that date, test it at the LAN party, then release on my site.
Later,
X

Phenom - FPS WIP
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 23:02
Newest screenshot:

Phenom - FPS WIP
Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 00:47
The new screen shot it lloking awesome. I think the demo will be awesome. I am a huge multiplayer fps fan and this looks like it would be really good. The only suggestion I have is, is to make better weapon models but the level looks really good. What do your characters look like or are you something as a stand-in right now?
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 04:48
This doesn't look that good.

It looks better than that.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 04:20
Vorg1, thanks for the compliments, I am working on some better weapon
models, and they're are currently only 2 character models, both of which need work also.

tha_rami, I'm not sure I understand your comments, a little conflicting I think

Phenom - FPS WIP
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 19:18
I think tha_rami meant that this game looks "better than good", which it does. Great lightmapping!

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 19:20
Reminds me of Quake 4...hehe.

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 19:23
Quote: "I think tha_rami meant that this game looks "better than good", which it does. Great lightmapping!"

You got that right. Now lets hope it plays as it looks!

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 22:26
1 video uploaded here

I know, the weapons/players need work, along with a few sound fx.
I d'loaded fraps right quick so I could at least show you all some insight as to what the gameplay looks like. This is me vs a bot, and the bot's difficulty is very low. It will adjust to your skill eventually, then his accuacy and response time get really good, as well as a lot more dodging.

More updates to come!

Phenom - FPS WIP
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
sweet game!! this looks like a guy did research for around 3 years to make something like this to work.. really nice job for the game Xeridox.

Get DBP stuff here! - (plugins/models/scripts and more!)
Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 03:26
Woa, great video.

I do agree that the weapons need some work. Not modeling per say, but making them seem more "real". Like movement when the player is moving.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:28:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:28:49