Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Want internal video display

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to set up a camera scene in the game im making where you could look 360 degrees around but your character will continue the direction he is traveling in. So basicly, I want to force my character, in a first person view, to go somewhere, but still have the ability to look around. Simular to what you might have while playing halo, while someone is driving you around. I though about using two camera, one that I tell it where to move and the other that follows it giving you the display.

Also, could someone tell me how to control the motion of the camera in the code. Not from user input, but just by the code telling it where to go.
Enkrypted Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Try the code snippets for DBP and just convert all commands to DGDK
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 05:10
I've had some trouble in DarkGDK when I get into two camera territory... could be me.

also - be aware that cameras cut your frame rates in half... add a third... MORE FPS gone.... so choose your moves carefully my friend.

Kurt
Years of Service
User Offline
Why not make a sphere or something as your character? And rotate it as you press left or right. Then you position the camera to the same cordinates as the sphere but control that with the mouse? That gotta work

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 06:29:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 06:29:39