Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Mobile Wanted - UK Only

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 15:26
I need a mobile, any tarrif under £40 is possible.

Post Model/Tarrif (Needs a SIM card). Thanks.

Martyn

PS - Sorry if this breaks any forum rules.
Web Design Starting from $200. Special limited offer. MSN or Email me for more information.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 15:30
check Argos, they probably have Sagem or something on BT & such for around that much

I pride myself that i don't kill... well not without a good reason
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 15:34
i have, none worth it really. I dont want a contract. I should mention it muyst be PAYG !

Web Design Starting from $200. Special limited offer. MSN or Email me for more information.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 15:44 Edited at: 28th Jun 2003 15:44
Dunno, but I'm waiting for the Motorola V600. Will be contract though.

Basically is the best thing since sliced bread by the look of it. Unless you want to be a tosser and get a 3G phone. You know, the ones that look absolutely terrible (have you seen the vanity case one???) and are about the size of a house brick? And don't connect 9 times out of 10, or lose connections.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 16:01
lol i've not seen those yet - those the silly video phones?
they've just started selling a new Seimens in the US not sure what its called, but the phone is like a motorola flip crossed thier the nokia from the matrix, so the back slides out to show the keypad.
Looks pretty smart - but i've now got my P800 & T10 so i'm a bloody happy camper

I pride myself that i don't kill... well not without a good reason
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 17:14
haha,

Anyone know why th really old nokias are not sold anywhere now?

I mean they could easlily pump out £30 handsets and people will buy em!

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 18:34
Quote: "I mean they could easlily pump out £30 handsets and people will buy em!"

Unfortunatly the reason for selling anything is to make a profit. They will make a loss on £30 payg phones.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 18:51
not with like 2 year old models, they could turn em out at the old specs like anything and make a profit

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 22:01
They would be commiting business suicide. They need people to spend more money. They think 3G will make people spend more money each month.

They have the market penetration they just need to get people spending. 2 year old phones that only do voice and text don't generate enough revenue.

This is why all the cheap payg phones have disapeared from argo etc. They just don't generate the cash they need. They think this will make people buy the newer phones with there greater potential for spending.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 22:03
ok, so anyone got a phone on PAYG?

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 22:30
Not Wanted any more

haha,

I am gonna wait a bit buy a new one...

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 04:04
Quote: "but i've now got my P800 & T10 "

Yeah, really liked the P800 but too big. What is the T10? Did you mean the Samsung T100, or is it a US name for a phone?

Personally I love small phones. And ones that are clamshell design (look at V50, V66 etc). And the V600 pretty much does everything. And is the 1st phone in UK to handle quad-band apparently. Tis nice. Still, anyone seen the new Siemen's one? Bit like the V50 but even smaller. Damn. But not colour or camera, or anything really. Still, very small. Still reckon my old StarTak was a great design though (the top one mind, without the huge battery lump, or stupid non-black but grey look).

And 3G are those Video phones. Hohoho... they spend billions on the licences and only get 10% target sales. Arf. Then don't make bricks. And don't sell it on the fact that you can watch comedians do stand up on it. Urm.... wow..... indeed...

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
eightfoot514
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 07:36
so in britain you simply say "mobile"? thats smart...americans should catch on to that. we waste time using a whole extra word: mobile phone, or cell phone......
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 07:57
pfff...everyone knows mobiles are for babies...most, (but not all, apparently) call it a cell...

The 3D Modeler's Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3dModeler/
The Unofficial DB Software Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dbsgroup/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 02:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 02:28:51