Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Typo in Basic3D header file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 02:40 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 02:41
The following functions have misspelled the word 'Perform':

I didn't wanna put this in 'Bug Reports', as it's only a typo. I know it doesn't really matter much, but it'd be cool if you guys could change that.
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 05:05
heh, might as well report any instances of "color" as it isnt "proper" english. It's spelt "COLOUR" fool.

Any English man will explain it over a cup of tea.

Cheerio old boy.

Rye
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 05:18 Edited at: 1st Mar 2008 05:18
Ya, the only difference is that I always spell 'Color' as 'Color'. I don't usually spell 'Perform' as 'Peform'.

As I stated, I know it doesn't matter much, but if it is so easy for them to fix, then why don't they??
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 06:52
Quote: "It's spelt "COLOUR" fool"

Quote: "Any English man will explain it over a cup of tea."

Could you sound anymore snobbish?

Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 07:15
lol, me snob.. hehe. I think you're mistaking correct spelling and grammar as snobbishness. (is that a word)
I spend my time getting trashed of vodka redbulls.

When i write a document i use "colour", either by hand or on a computer, i've been brought up to use it. And so naturally when i program, i very often use the English spelling. Sometimes I remember to use the American spelling. As you can imagine, if i don't notice, i get a error when i compile. Its made worse if i have classes / functions spelled with "Colour", and then DB with color. can get annoying.

on a side note, we just had a 5.2 earthquake here in the UK a few days ago, and all people really complained about was their tea cups and saucers being broken.. HAHAHA
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 07:25
Quote: "lol, me snob.. hehe. I think you're mistaking correct spelling and grammar as snobbishness."

No... this mostly:
Quote: "It's spelt "COLOUR" fool"

That is funny about the tea cups though.

Visigoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 05:39
well, in my QA days, this would still be considered a "bug", but a minor one. It would have been submitted, without fanfare, and it would have been fixed, more than likely on the very next build. Regardless of the whole USA vs UK spelling thing, it is still spelled wrong in either version, and I'm sure it will be corrected when the Creators can get to it. Not anything to get all worked up about, but for a high quality product, it should be fixed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 06:35:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 06:35:15