Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Birth - a game about the universe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 06:34 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 22:37
here's my addition to the brewing pot, started on it on monday and making ok progress, it's just a side shooter with a simple premise and a silly storyline about you being a midwife to a universe being born, i just tried to fill it with as much eye candy as possible, shaders are giving me a headache though

DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 12:39
If only I could see the picture Also, there dosn't seem to be much information about the game.

If it was illegal to be stupid we'd run out of room.
LazyGunn
Years of Service
User Offline
argh sorry i was very tired last night - and to be honest there's not much to say - making it in DBP, the closer you are to the siedes of the screen the faster the enemies come at you - after that it's a pretty simple score attack

well, i'm going to have an infinite score attack mode with graphical effects chosen from stage to stage randomly, and a short and sweet 5 stage story mode with each stage having a unique setting and spin on the gameplay, along with little story bits

ive only been using DBP since last monday and find writing game logic quite hard, but the graphical effects are really easy so i'm having a lot of fun with them

well, graphical effects other than shaders - i'm having trouble passing lights to the normal and parrallax mapping shaders which is hampering my progress (along with other shader issues)
LazyGunn
Years of Service
User Offline
you can download and play what i have so far at http://godmaker.tsone.info/Birth.rar in 40 minutes or so when it's done uploading
LazyGunn
Years of Service
User Offline
also a few things to note - it pauses when you run out of energy or out of time - just press enter to continue

and the dl is about 50mb, sorry about that i got carried away with the animated textures
LazyGunn
Years of Service
User Offline
ok well, yeah i know it's fruitless cause the thread won't be bumped but hey well, here's a dl of a video of such game http://godmaker.tsone.info/birth.AVI

and you can peek at gametrailers for a vid here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/185000.html
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 13:12
freakin awesome. expand it with various badguys to fight, different backgrounds and the usual nonsense and you've got a winner

draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 16:55
psychadelic color scheme! looks very cool
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 19:50
Downloading now. Suspect it will look like a load of black on my computer, on account of shaders. Will tell you all about it in a quarter of an hour or so i guess.

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
LazyGunn
Years of Service
User Offline
here's some screenies of the front menu system to keep you all interested, just have to think of a theme for the periphery screens then it's back to the game and devising a tile system with 3D objects

thanks for looking
LazyGunn
Years of Service
User Offline
and here's a lil video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/188530.html
A Tea Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2008 23:32
WOW! the menu looks incredible! this looks awesome. keep up the good work

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2008 23:44 Edited at: 13th Mar 2008 23:46
This looks really impressive, nice work!

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2008 05:46
You're truly a conceptional artist, mate.
I love how you incorporate your 2D art with the 3D. It's great stuff.

Sig by BiggAdd.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2008 05:58
This game is a challenge to play because of the lack of contrast between...well...anything. It took me about a minute to actually figure out there was a ship on the screen. You need to seperate the foreground and the background much more. The gameplay is fine, but everything is fighting for your attention on the screen, including the background, so half the challenge is just seeing your own ship and the enemies. In fact, I doubt anyone looking at the initial screenshots would have any idea what the game was about, or even what kind of game it was.

Everything looks great independantly, but together it's a seizure machine.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2008 09:19
Quote: "Everything looks great independantly, but together it's a seizure machine."

"Seizure Machine"... man, that sounds like a great title! You should consider renaming your game to that.

The pics look awesome. Seriously, you really are a great artist and to be able to program it all in with only a weeks worth of DBP experience... that's sayin' somethin', man.

Keep it up!

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

LazyGunn
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the replies folks, i'm going to move the icons next to the ship to their own place on the screen which should make it a bit less confusing, i get what you're saying with the seizure thing but that's sorta what i'm going for haha.. well, i'll possibly have an option to mask the background so it's darker somewhere, with a different scoreboard to go with it

thanks for the great feedback anyways everyone! back to the menu i go
LazyGunn
Years of Service
User Offline
another lil snippet of graphics, mainly fun with shaders

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2008 01:40
Holy crap that looks good!
Hat's off to you!

Login to post a reply