Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Cops & Robbers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 08:43 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 09:59
Hey guys,

This is probably my first actual WIP ever, although I have been a Dbuser since late '99. I decided to sit down and get over my coding issues and just make something simple and (hopefully) see it through to fruition.

The project I have lighted upon is a little idea that I cooked up over a few jugs of beer with some other Games Designs students. You will notice the gameplay is pretty sparse, but hopefully, with a few additions, it can be a bit of fun.

The game is as follows -

You are a robber, and after breaking into a string of houses, you are on the run from the law. Problem is, you are running out of energy. To recoup energy, you have to run beside a house and press 'spacebar', regaining a little health. Also, there are bags of money sitting in the street, ready to be collected. However, there are also cops(who look suspiciously like cylinders) sitting in the street waiting to grab some coin off you if possible!

Controls are simple -
left<>right to switch lanes or run on the sidewalks
spacebar to enter a house as you run past it.

So far, the media is mostly placeholders. The bag's of money probably wont change much, but the robber, houses, street segments, and cops will all be updated.

AAAND much thanks to the guys who helped me in the main DBpro board. They helped with some of the control code and I thank them.

Comments and ideas are so very welcome.

.exe(10mb) attached and Piccy's to come.

Regards,
Greenlig

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro

Attachments

Login to view attachments
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 08:44 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 08:44
the Piccy....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
matty47
Years of Service
User Offline
Download link doesn't work??
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 10:01
Sorry, fixed that. Its now a .rar - 4.7mb

Please try again

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks pretty cool, only one problem. It runs waaaay to fast on my computer. You need to either cap the framerate or do a timer based system to keep the framerates in check.

The robber ran too fast for me to be able to control him and I'd run out of health in about 4 seconds

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 15:45 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 15:54
Didn't work first time. Downloaded OK, but when unzipping got an error. Unzipped exe is 9M rather than 11M, and doesn't do anything when clicked on.

Downloaded 2nd time and worked. Bit too dark to see much though. Trying to play now.

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 22:13
Rightio it sounds like I need to have a little bit of a look-see at all that. Ha, it would be nice for it to be playable eh?

I shall have a look after Uni today.

Sorry that its not going as I hoped!

Regards,
greenlig

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:27:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:27:00