Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / List index out of bounds (1)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have just bought the Super Game Studio pack with DBPro and a bundle of add ons etc. So far I have just been looking at the included demos and every time I compile I get the error "List index out of bounds (1)". The file does compile and run, but the page of code disappears and I have to reload it. This happens on every demo I have looked at as well as with some files I made using the trial version. They run without this error using the trial version but not the full online version?

I have read other posts about this problem but they all talk about a fault in the code. But these are unchanged demos and should run. Any advice will be appreciated.
Paul08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 20:40
i get some odd bugs with the official ide - deleting code sometimes wont display - the cursor moves left over the piece you just deleted but the text is still displayed etc

i've come to just ignore it and play on so to speak

Paul
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That's a bug in the default IDE that comes with DBPro. I had it a few times as well, it's not caused by a fault in the code. Update the IDE to the latest (unofficial) version or use an alternative IDE."

Hi, now I am showing my true ignorance, where do I find the latest (unofficial) version or an alternative IDE? What files do I change?
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
I found the updates and updated to version 6.6, plus I updated the editor to 1.0.9.2 but it didn't fix it. I'd rather not have to live with it as it is pretty annoying, are the updates I did the only options I have?
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
I found the problem, I had 2 conflicting dll's in place. I added too many updates etc and added a dll that I shouldn't have. First time I compiled I got the 'List index out of bounds (1)' error, but second time I compiled the same file I got an error regarding the dll's. Once I deleted the conficting dll I get no more errors.
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
I LOVE YOU!
i just upgraded my very old 5.8 version loads of times to the latest... 6.9
and i was peed off cos i couldnt continue programming
thankyou so much u fixed my problem!

Creators of Outscape

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:22:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:22:57