Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / point and directional lights

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand what the spot light does but what i don't get is what the difference between point lights and directional lights because there isn't anything in the help menu which explain exactly what it does noly how to use it.
H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 22:58
If I remember correctly, a spot light and a directional light are very similar, but a directional light has no source of origin; it is supposedly from some very faraway source, such as the sun. Therefore, all the rays are parallel, and you can point them in whatever direction you choose. A spot light, on the other hand, also has a direction, but it is more like a cone, and it actually has a source for the light. Think of a flashlight. So a directional light is like the sun, and a spot light is like a flashlight.

Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 10:27
A spot light is like a spot light

A directional light is like H4ck1d said. You can alter its direction but not its position.

A point light is like a lightbulb . It illuminates equally in all directions. You can alter its poition but not its direction.

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.
andycb
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks H4ck1d and Flashing Blade

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:16:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:16:54