Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / New Phenom Video - Multiple Bots!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 03:40 Edited at: 6th Mar 2008 23:40
Well I had bot support working in the first place, and now I have re-coded it for multiple bots. This video is me vs 3 bots, and is 4:33 long. Sucks that youtube's quality is so low, I'll upload a better one to my site later. The low framerate is again because of fraps, but I have a routine to keep the speed right on all computers (unless you're running a prehistoric one, lol)

I also did a rocket jump in this video to show it's functionality, its blast radius is a bit more powerful than Quake 3's heheheheh!

Anyway, on to the video

As I said, I'll upload the good quality version to my website a little later so you can download it if you want
Enjoy!

EDIT: Better video HERE

Phenom - FPS WIP
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 03:51
Thats really pwnage

Click For Details!
draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 04:59 Edited at: 6th Mar 2008 04:59
Looks pretty cool, you've obviously put a lot of work into it

some criticism:
-the color scheme is so very gray and dull
-also the level design is very flat/horizontal, I would suggest adding some more vertical gameplay by adding some high spots, perhaps with the lure of a powerup?

otherwise looking great, id love to see more.
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 17:12
Impressive!

My only complaint is that, like a lot of PC games, it is very dark indeed. I know DB/Direct X (shaderless) lighting engine doesn't have correct gamma, and doesn't suit clearly lit games, but it should still be possible to make it a bit clearer. Failing that this is going to another game i can only play at night with all the lights turned off.

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 18:45
It's dark, but I personally love the colours! It looks like a great game, good job!

Don't you just hate that Zotoaster guy?
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My only complaint is that, like a lot of PC games, it is very dark indeed. I know DB/Direct X (shaderless) lighting engine doesn't have correct gamma, and doesn't suit clearly lit games, but it should still be possible to make it a bit clearer. Failing that this is going to another game i can only play at night with all the lights turned off."
I could see it very well. What other games have you played that were too dark?

Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 23:20
I have to agree with Randomness, the game is not really that dark unless you're in a dark corner where there is no light. I suppose if games are too dark for you, mess with your brightness and contrast on your monitors, or if you're running a nVidia card, there are settings in its control panel also. I have a gamma setting on my nVidia 7600 GS, and its all the way down, everything else is set to the middle.

Thanks for the comments and criticism. Yes, this map is very linear, but it's only the first map. I'm working on more with lift platforms, jump pads, teleports, power-ups, etc etc etc lol

You may also have noticed that the players have no animation at all....This game was intended to be a Hover-Bot game, but I may yet put some humanoid players in as well. In my other thread, someone said something about how the weapons are completely still and don't move...I actually had them moving around before, I changed it back so the weapon's projectile would come out of the right place lol, but I'm going to get them back to moving also.

More updates to come! Check my site out, too!

Phenom - FPS WIP
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 23:39 Edited at: 6th Mar 2008 23:39
OK here's a better video as promised
VIDEO

Enjoy!

Phenom - FPS WIP
Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 00:17
Wow, that's a great video. The bots seem smart enough, and the action is none stop. What I would do is vary the types of weapons. Right now I saw a blue beam gun, and green beam gun, and a red beam gun. Seems repetitive to me.

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 01:59
Awesome! The video looks really awesome.
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 02:23
Manette, yes, those 3 guns fire the same basic image at different refire rates and move speeds, but there are others, the rocket launcher and scorpion strike cannon were featured in that video, other weapons include the Plasma Nuke, Sonic Cannon, the StingRay, and a new one I'm planning that will use the Phenom symbol as a blade, similar to the Razorjack on Unreal, only it will be able to spin the blade on the end of the gun for a melee attack, or launch it with high speed and bounce off walls.

The Scorpion cannon in that video, however, is not doing what I intend just yet, as this weapon is going to charge up, fire a beam, then slowly build up at the impact point, then explode into an awesome wave of devastation. Basically an instant-fire nuke!

Phenom - FPS WIP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:23:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:23:29